List of newspapers in South Carolina
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Charleston City Paper)
This is a list of newspapers in South Carolina, United States.
List of newspapers
||It has been suggested that List of newspapers in South Carolina in the 18th century be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since March 2017.|
|Title||Locale||Year est.||Year ceased||Notes|
|Citizen-News||Edgefield, South Carolina||2012|
|Community Times-Dispatch||Walterboro, South Carolina|
|North Trade Journal||North, South Carolina|
- South Carolina media
- Media in Charleston, South Carolina
- List of newspapers in South Carolina in the 18th century
- Category:Journalists from South Carolina
- University of South Carolina School of Journalism and Mass Communications, in Columbia
- South Carolina literature
- "Our Markets". Sacramento, California: McClatchy Company. Retrieved March 26, 2017.
- The Berkeley Observer
- Gannett Co., Inc., Our Brands: South Carolina, McLean, Virginia, retrieved March 27, 2017
- GateHouse Media, LLC, Our Markets: South Carolina, Pittsford, New York, retrieved March 27, 2017
- Berkshire Hathaway Inc., "Daily Newspapers: South Carolina", 2016 Annual Report (PDF), Omaha, Nebraska
- "Southern Press". The South in the Building of the Nation. 7. Richmond, VA: Southern Historical Publication Society. 1909. pp. 402–436.
Date of establishment of leading Southern newspapers
- William L. King (1872). Newspaper Press of Charleston, S.C.: a Chronological and Biographical History.
- S. N. D. North; United States Department of the Interior (1884). "Catalogue of Periodical Publications: South Carolina". History and Present Condition of the Newspaper and Periodical Press of the United States. Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office. OCLC 1850475. (+ List of titles 50+ years old)
- James T. Haley, ed. (1895), "Newspapers: South Carolina", Afro-American Encyclopaedia, Nashville: Haley & Florida, OCLC 219597043
- "South Carolina". American Newspaper Directory. New York: George P. Rowell. 1900. pp. 964+ – via HathiTrust.
- "South Carolina". American Newspaper Annual & Directory. Philadelphia: N. W. Ayer & Son. 1922. pp. 907+.
- Thomas D. Clark (1948). Southern Country Editor. Bobbs-Merrill. OCLC 525858. (Includes information about weekly rural newspapers in South Carolina)
- John Hammond Moore (1988). South Carolina Newspapers. University of South Carolina Press. ISBN 978-0-87249-567-8.
- Patricia G. McNeely. Palmetto Press: The History of South Carolina’s Newspapers and the Press Association. South Carolina Press Association, 1998.
- Erika J. Pribanic-Smith (2012). "Rhetoric of Fear: South Carolina Newspapers and the State and National Politics of 1830". Journalism History. E.W. Scripps School of Journalism. 38. ISSN 0094-7679.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Newspapers of South Carolina.|
- Patricia G. McNeely. "Newspapers". South Carolina Encyclopedia. University of South Carolina.
- "Historical South Carolina Newspapers". Library Guides. University of South Carolina.
- "US Newspaper Directory: South Carolina". Chronicling America. Washington DC: Library of Congress.
- "South Carolina Newspapers". Historical U.S. Newspapers Online. Library Guides. Ohio: Bowling Green State University.
Newspapers that are freely available on the Internet
- "Southeast". Historical African American Newspapers Available Online. Subject Guides. Poughkeepsie, NY: Marist College Library. (Includes South Carolina newspapers)
- International Coalition on Newspapers. "Newspaper Digitization Projects: United States: South Carolina". Chicago: Center for Research Libraries.
- University of Florida. "South Carolina". NewspaperCat: Catalog of Digital Historical Newspapers. Gainesville.