List of newspapers in Kentucky
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of newspapers in Kentucky.
Daily and weekly newspapers (currently published)
- The Eastern Progress – Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond
- College Heights Herald – Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green
- The Kentucky Kernel – University of Kentucky, Lexington
|Colored Kentuckian||Louisville||1867||edited by Philip H. Murray|
|Kentucky Post||Northern Kentucky||2007||ceased operation 31 December 2007|
|Louisville Herald||Louisville||1869||Merged with Louisville Post in 1925 to form Herald-Post|
- Kentucky media
- Media in Bowling Green, Kentucky
- Media in Lexington, Kentucky
- Media in Louisville, Kentucky
- Category:Journalists from Kentucky
- Western Kentucky University School of Journalism and Broadcasting (est. 1999), in Bowling Green 
- Murray State University Department of Journalism and Mass Communications (est. 1975)
- Kentucky literature
- "Southern Press". The South in the Building of the Nation. 7. Richmond, VA: Southern Historical Publication Society. 1909. pp. 402–436.
Date of establishment of leading Southern newspapers
- "US Newspaper Directory: Kentucky". Chronicling America. Washington DC: Library of Congress. Retrieved March 24, 2017.
- "School of Journalism and Broadcasting". Western Kentucky University. Retrieved March 23, 2017.
- "About JMC". Murray State University. Retrieved March 23, 2017.
- S. N. D. North; United States Department of the Interior (1884). "Catalogue of Periodical Publications: Kentucky". History and Present Condition of the Newspaper and Periodical Press of the United States. Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office. OCLC 1850475. (+ List of titles 50+ years old)
- William Henry Perrin (1888). Pioneer Press of Kentucky. Filson Club Publications. 3. Louisville – via HathiTrust.
- James T. Haley, ed. (1895), "Newspapers: Kentucky", Afro-American Encyclopaedia, Nashville: Haley & Florida, OCLC 219597043
- "Kentucky". American Newspaper Directory. New York: George P. Rowell. 1900. pp. 361+.
- "Kentucky". American Newspaper Annual & Directory. Philadelphia: N. W. Ayer & Son. 1922. pp. 369+.
- Federal Writers' Project (1939), "Press and Radio", Kentucky: a Guide to the Bluegrass State, American Guide Series, New York: Harcourt, Brace and Company, pp. 102–109 – via HathiTrust
- Thomas D. Clark (1948). Southern Country Editor. Bobbs-Merrill. OCLC 525858. (Includes information about weekly rural newspapers in Kentucky)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Newspapers of Kentucky.|
- "Kentucky Newspapers". Historical U.S. Newspapers Online. Library Guides. Ohio: Bowling Green State University.
Newspapers that are freely available on the Internet
- "Southeast". Historical African American Newspapers Available Online. Subject Guides. Poughkeepsie, NY: Marist College Library. (Includes Kentucky newspapers)
- International Coalition on Newspapers. "Newspaper Digitization Projects: United States: Kentucky". Chicago: Center for Research Libraries.
- University of Florida. "Kentucky". NewspaperCat: Catalog of Digital Historical Newspapers. Gainesville.