Citizens Bank of Canada
|Headquarters||Vancouver, British Columbia|
President and CEO
Number of employees
- Several banks are commonly known as Citizens Bank.
Citizens Bank of Canada (French: Banque Citizens du Canada) is a British Columbia, Canada-based virtual bank owned by Vancouver City Savings Credit Union (Vancity). From 1997 until 2009, Citizens Bank offered personal and business banking services over the internet. On August 5, 2009, Citizens Bank announced that it would focus its operations on Visa card services and foreign exchange services for non-retail members, and was leaving the personal banking marketplace. Citizens Bank became a non-deposit-taking bank. Citizens Bank entered into an agreement to sell its residential mortgages, personal loans and real estate secured lines of credit to the Toronto-Dominion Bank. Savings and chequing accounts of B.C. customers were transferred to Vancity in B.C., or to another financial institution of their choice. Customers outside of B.C. had to transfer their accounts to other financial institutions.
- Commercial mortgages
- Foreign currency exchange
- Term deposits
As a chartered financial institution, deposit accounts are insured by Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC).
Citizens Bank purports to incorporate its ethical policy into doing business, so as to ensure they do business in a socially responsible manner.
- "List of Schedule Banks to the Bank Act". IESO. April 13, 2013. Retrieved on October 29, 2015.
- Banks Around the World - Citizens Bank of Canada. Retrieved on October 29, 2015.
- Citizens Bank - Chris Dobrzanski
- https://www.citizensbank.ca/Personal/Changes/MessageFromCEO/[dead link]
- Citizens Bank of Canada - Our Ethical Policy
- Citizens Bank of Canada - Carbon Neutral Commitment