District Council of Karoonda East Murray
|District Council of Karoonda East Murray
Location of the District Council of Karoonda East Murray
|• Density||0.27022/km2 (0.6999/sq mi)|
|Area||4,415 km2 (1,704.6 sq mi)|
|Mayor||Kevin Burdett |
|Region||Murray and Mallee|
|State electorate(s)||Chaffey |
|Federal Division(s)||Barker |
|Website||District Council of Karoonda East Murray|
The council area covers 4,415 square kilometres and has an estimated population of 1193. The annual average rainfall is 350 mm.
The township of Karoonda was established in 1913 when the mallee railway lines were put in place to open the area to grain growing, as previous pastoral runs had failed.
|Mayor ||Kevin Burdett|
|Unsubdivided ||Caroline Phillips|
|W. John Wooldridge|
The District Council of Karoonda East Murray has a directly-elected mayor.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (30 March 2010). "Regional Population Growth, Australia, 2008–09". Retrieved 3 June 2010.
- "Your Council". District Council of Karoonda East Murray. Retrieved 1 April 2016.
- "Murray and Mallee SA Government region" (PDF). The Government of South Australia. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- "Location SA Map Viewer". Government of South Australia. Retrieved 14 February 2016.
- "About Us". District Council of Karoonda East Murray. Retrieved 1 April 2016.
- "Election Results 2014" (PDF). Local Government Association of South Australia. Retrieved 14 February 2016.