|• Revised Romanization||Donghae-si|
Location in South Korea
|Administrative divisions||10 dong|
|• Total||180.01 km2 (69.50 sq mi)|
|• Density||572/km2 (1,480/sq mi)|
Donghae is a city in Gangwon Province, South Korea. There are two major ports: Donghae Harbor and Mukho Harbor. The city is located on the Yeongdong Line railroad and the Donghae Expressway. Numerous caverns are found in the city, as in neighboring Samcheok. Hanzhong University is located here.
Donghae City is located in the central region of the east coast of Korea in Gangwon-do. Jeongseon county to the west and Gangneung city to the north. It contains the northern terminus of the Donghae Expressway, and the No.37 national way passes through the city.
The city is mostly mountainous and has natural resources such as Mureung Valley and beautiful beaches. Here, the high Taebaek Mountains lie along the eastern coast, preventing rivers from meeting the coast. However, in the rainy season, spontaneous water flow is possible.
- Tree: Gingko Tree
- Flower: Red Prumusumume
- Bird: Seagull
Free Industry zone
Donghae area and its neighborhood are a free industry zone. From this, Gangwon province and Donghae city has overtaken team for investment.
- Mukho harbor
- Mureung Valley
- Cheongok caves
- Mangsang Beach
- Yakcheon village
- Samhwa temple
- Gimje, South Korea – April 27, 1999
- Dobong-gu, South Korea – October 7, 1999
- Tsuruga, Japan – April 13, 1981
- Nakhodka, Russia – November 10, 1991
- Tumen, China – April 28, 1995
- Federal Way, United States – April 1, 2000
- Saint John, Canada – May 30, 2008
- Official page of Donghae city - location
- [강원도청] 강원도 '동해자유무역지역' 개발 본격화 Yeonhap news 2008.01.23
- Fundamental opening of Donghae port as passing port of cruise ferry. (동해항 크루즈훼리 운항 탄력) 2008-01-18 Dalian News
- DBS Cruise Ferry Main Page. () 2014-01-17 DBS Cruise Ferry
- City of Federal Way - Sister City Association
- ▒ Donghae - City of beautiful ocean
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Donghae, Gangwon-do.|