F1 2013 (video game)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
F1 2013 Playstation 3 cover.
Feral Interactive (Mac OS X)
|Publisher(s)||Namco Bandai (Console version, UK only)|
|Engine||EGO Engine 3.0|
F1 2013 is a video game developed by Codemasters based on the 2013 Formula One season. It is the fifth Formula One game developed by the Codemasters studios after the company renewed its license to develop the official games of the series. It uses the EGO Engine. A notable credit is the opening video features the song Clarity by Zedd featuring Foxes.
F1 2013 was released in Europe on 4 October 2013 on PlayStation 3, Microsoft Windows, and Xbox 360. A digital version was released worldwide for Steam Store, as well as on 8 October for the PlayStation Store and 15 October for Xbox Games on Demand. The physical version of the game was delayed in the United States and Canada due to logistic issues specific to SKUs for the two territories. An official release date has not yet been announced for the two territories. This delay did not affect the availability of the digital version in the United States and Canada however, meaning that users could still purchase the game through the Xbox Games Store, PlayStation Store, and via Steam.
On 23 May 2014, as confirmed by Publisher Bandai Namco and Creative Director Steven Hood, a "Complete Edition" of the game was released in some territories. It includes the full game as well as all classic content on the disc and is available on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Microsoft Windows.
F1 2013 was made available to download for free on Xbox 360 between 16–31 May 2015 as part of the Games With Gold program.
The game features all eleven teams and twenty-two drivers competing in the 2013 season, as well as the nineteen circuits and Grands Prix. A "Classic Edition" of the game features additional drivers, cars and circuits from the 1980s and 1990s. The classic cars featured in this game are Williams, Lotus and Ferrari. The 1990s cars required downloading the 1990s Classic Cars Pack.
Players can also play with the old cars on the new tracks and the new cars on the old tracks and the GUI changes if they change decades. Murray Walker also provides an introductory voice-over for the Classic Edition of the game.
F1 2013 was met with generally positive reviews. F1 Fanatic gave it a 4 out of five saying that "Codemasters have not only given us an enjoyable F1 experience, they have also reaffirmed their commitment to make F1 games that are truly worthy of carrying the famous logo. If F1 2012 felt at times like a half-hearted update, F1 2013 feels like a good step back in the direction where this franchise should be going." 
The game features the nineteen circuits that will be used during the 2013 Formula One season and four "classic" circuits. The additional four tracks are Brands Hatch, England, Estoril, Portugal, Imola, Italy (in 1995 configuration), and Jerez, Spain (in 1985 configuration). These four circuits were all used together in the 1986 Formula One season.
F1 2014 was released in October 2014 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows.
- "A strong start: F1™ 2013 out now on Mac!". Feralinteractive.com. 6 March 2014. Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- Scullion, Chris (9 August 2013). "News: Namco Bandai UK release schedule updated". ComputerAndVideoGames.com. Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 16 August 2013. Retrieved 10 October 2013.
- "Announcing F1 2013". Codemasters. Archived from the original on 18 July 2013. Retrieved 15 July 2013.
- "North American F1 2013 Physical Retail Release Date To Be Revised". Codemasters. Archived from the original on 31 December 2013. Retrieved 23 March 2014.
- "F1 2013: Complete Edition for PC". Bandainamcogames.co.uk. 23 May 2014. Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- "Formula 1 2013: Complete Edition (Xbox 360)". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- "F1 2013: Complete Edition for Xbox 360". Bandainamcogames.co.uk. 23 May 2014. Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- "Steve Hood on Twitter: "@towns_jake @morgansouth1 Ah, well spotted. Yes, it's coming out in some territories. Contains everything on the disc."". Twitter.com. Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- "F1 2013 for PlayStation 3". GameRankings. 8 October 2013. Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- "F1 2013 for PlayStation 3 Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- Collantine, Keith (4 October 2013). "F1 2013 – the F1 Fanatic review". F1 Fanatic. Retrieved 3 March 2015.