The Easy to use HTML generator
|Original author(s)||Bruce Hearder|
|Developer(s)||GME Systems Pty Ltd.|
1.23 / October 10, 1997
|Operating system||Windows 3.1, Windows 3.11, Windows 95|
Frame-IT! (also known as Frame-it) was an application for developing HTML frames released in 1996 by GME Systems. It featured a user interface in which you could control frame size, the number of frames, frame location, and frame appearance without knowledge of HTML. It allowed completed frames to be copied to clipboard, to be saved, or to be previewed in a browser.
Frame-IT! is no longer available at its original website, though it can still be downloaded from mirrors.[a 1]
Although the software originally cost US$15 and came with a 14-day evaluation, by 1999, the software had become freeware. Users were instructed to register using the following code to make full use of the software.[a 2]
Name : Registered User Code : 29700
Frame-It! had the following releases:
- Steven E. Callihan (October 1998). Learn HTML in a weekend. Prima Tech. pp. 211–212. ISBN 978-0-7615-1800-6. Retrieved 16 April 2010.
- Mark Bishop (February 1998). How to build a successful international web site. Coriolis. p. 46. ISBN 978-1-57610-158-2. Retrieved 16 April 2010.
- "Frame-It v1.23". 1999. Archived from the original on 3 February 1999. Retrieved 16 April 2010.
- "1,001 Top Free Internet Downloads". PC/Computing. Factiva. 10 (6). 1 June 1997.
- ftp://papa.indstate.edu/winsock-l/Windows95/WWW-Browsers/HTML/fit12132.txt[permanent dead link]