Glen Innes Severn
|Glen Innes Severn
New South Wales
Location in New South Wales
|• Density||1.68708/km2 (4.3695/sq mi)|
|Area||5,487 km2 (2,118.5 sq mi)|
|Mayor||Colin Price (Unaligned)|
|Council seat||Glen Innes|
|State electorate(s)||Northern Tablelands|
|Federal Division(s)||New England|
Glen Innes Severn is a local government area in the New England region of New South Wales, Australia. The area is located adjacent to the New England Highway and was formed by the amalgamation of Severn Shire and Glen Innes City Council.
Main towns and villages
- were 8,783 people as at 30 June 2006, the 103rd largest Local Government Area in New South Wales. It was equal to 0.1% of the New South Wales population of 6,827,694
- was an increase of 44 people over the year to 30 June 2006, the 105th largest population growth in a Local Government Area in New South Wales. It was equal to less than 0.1% of the 58,753 increase in the population of New South Wales
- was, in percentage terms, an increase of 0.5% in the number of people over the year to 30 June 2006, the 98th fastest growth in population of a Local Government Area in New South Wales. In New South Wales the population grew by 0.9%
- was a fall in population over the 10 years to 30 June 2006 of 419 people or 4.8% (0.5% in annual average terms). In New South Wales the population grew by 622,966 or 10% (1.0% in annual average terms) over the same period.
According to the Australian Bureau Statistics during 2003-04 there:
- were 1,634 wage and salary earners (ranked 126th in New South Wales and 407th in Australia, less than both 0.1% of New South Wales's 2,558,415 and Australia's 7,831,856)
- was a total income of around $51 million (ranked 125th in New South Wales and 405th in Australia, less than 0.1% of both New South Wales's $107 billion and Australia's $304 billion)
- was an estimated average income per wage and salary earner of $31,509 (ranked 119th in New South Wales and 404th in Australia, 76% of New South Wales's $41,407 and 81% of Australia's $38,820)
- was an estimated median income per wage and salary earner of $28,558 (ranked 134th in New South Wales and 449th in Australia, 80% of New South Wales's $35,479 and 84% of Australia's $34,149).
Current composition and election method
Glen Innes Severn Council is composed of seven Councillors elected proportionally as a single ward. All Councillors are elected for a fixed four-year term of office. The Mayor is elected by the Councillors at the first meeting of the Council. The most recent election was held on 8 September 2012, and the makeup of the Council is as follows:
|Independents and Unaligned||7|
The current Council, elected in 2012, in order of election, is:
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (30 March 2010). "Regional Population Growth, Australia, 2008–09". Retrieved 3 June 2010.
- "Glen Innes Severn Council". Division of Local Government. Retrieved 2 December 2006.
- "Regional Population Growth, Australia, 2005-06 (catalogue no.: 3218.0)". Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 12 March 2007.
- "Regional Wage and Salary Earner Statistics, Australia (catalogue no.: 5673.055.003)". Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 11 March 2007.
- "Glen Innes Severn Council: Summary of First Preference and Group Votes for each Candidate". Local Government Elections 2012. Electoral Commission of New South Wales. 13 September 2012. Retrieved 17 October 2012.
- Clifford, Catherine (30 September 2012). "New England North West". ABC News (Australia). Retrieved 17 October 2012.