This article may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. (January 2017)
Marvel Comics (1979–2004)
Since 1979, Marvel Comics has published its own comic books based on G.I. Joe, Micronauts, Rom and Transformers, set in Earth-616, known as the Marvel Universe. However, the Transformers and G.I. Joe series were later established non-canon (they set on Earth-91274).
Despite the licensing rights reverting back to Hasbro, indirect references to Rom and Micronauts have occurred since.
Dreamwave Productions (2004)
On 2004, Dreamwave Productions published Transformers/G.I. Joe, another crossover set in the time of World War I, and including a one-shot titled Transformers/G.I. Joe: Divided Front. This series only lasted six issues, due to Dreamwave's bankruptcy.
IDW Publishing (2005–present)
On May 2, 2016, IDW announced the crossover event Revolution, which officially set Transformers and G.I. Joe to co-exist within one same universe, with the addition of Micronauts, Rom, Action Man and M.A.S.K.
Marvel Productions and Sunbow Productions (1983–1987)
From 1983 to 1987, Marvel Productions and Sunbow Productions developed the series G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero, The Transformers, Jem and Inhumanoids. These series had been hinted to share the same universe, mostly due to the appearance of the character named Hector Ramirez.
Transformers: Aligned continuity (2010–2017)
The Transformers: Aligned continuity (comprising the animated series Transformers: Prime and Transformers: Robots in Disguise) features a reference to M.A.S.K. as a division of the United States military that developed a special vehicle.
On March 28, 2014, producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura announced that he is open to doing a crossover film between Transformers and G.I. Joe film series (distributed by DreamWorks Pictures, Paramount Pictures and MGM). On June 23, di Bonaventura stated that a crossover was not likely to happen, but on July 9, he reassured there would still be a possibility. On July 26, director Jon M. Chu stated that he is interested in directing that kind of film.
On October 23, 2015, Chu confirmed his intentions to make a crossover film between Transformers, G.I. Joe and Jem and the Holograms (distributed by Universal Studios). On October 29, he hinted about Transformers possibly doing crossover with other Hasbro products. On December 15, Hasbro Studios agreed with Paramount to a deal creating a five-property movie universe by financing unit Allspark Pictures and distributed by Paramount Pictures. The following properties are G.I. Joe, M.A.S.K., Micronauts, Rom and Visionaries.
On April 21, 2016, The Hollywood Reporter confirmed that Lindsey Beer, Michael Chabon, Cheo Hodari Coker, Joe Robert Cole, John Francis Daley, Jonathan Goldstein, Jeff Pinkner, Nicole Perlman, Nicole Riegel, Geneva Robertson and Brian K. Vaughan have joined the writers' room for the cinematic universe.
- List of comics based on Hasbro properties
- List of films based on Hasbro properties
- List of television programs based on Hasbro properties
- "Transformers, G.I. Joe, and other Hasbro characters come together for IDW's 'Revolution'". EW.com. 2016-06-01. Retrieved 2017-01-02.
- Whitbrook, James (January 6, 2016). "IDW Is Merging G.I. Joe, Transformers, and Its Other Hasbro Comics Into One Giant Universe". io9. Retrieved December 9, 2016.
- "IDW Catalogue – Winter 2016". IDW Publishing. December 2, 2016. Retrieved December 9, 2016.
- "HASBRO's VISIONARIES Returning In DECEMBER After 30 Years". Newsarama. July 21, 2017. Retrieved July 22, 2017.
- "TRANSFORMERS: UNICRON Event is a 'Grand Finale' to 12 Years at IDW". Newsarama. March 24, 2018. Retrieved April 13, 2018.
- Transformers: Prime - Season 3: Beast Hunters - Episode 5: Project Predacon
- Transformers: Robots in Disguise - Season 1 - Episode 17: One of Our Mini-Cons is Missing
- "G.I. Joe And Transformers Crossover? The Producer Tells Us How It Could Happen". m.cinemablend.com. October 1, 2014. Archived from the original on June 16, 2013. Retrieved December 10, 2016.
- "G.I. Joe/Transformers Movie Crossover Not Likely to Happen, Says Producer". slashfilm.com. June 23, 2014. Retrieved December 10, 2016.
- "'Transformers' and 'G.I. Joe' Crossover Movie Is Possible, Says Producer". fashiontimes.com. July 9, 2014. Archived from the original on July 19, 2014. Retrieved December 10, 2016.
- "Jon M. Chu Likes the idea of a G.I. Joe/Transformers Crossover Movie". www.tfw2005.com. Retrieved December 10, 2016.
- Henne, B.G. (October 23, 2015). "John Chu wants to make a crossover film with G.I. Joe, Transformers, and Jem". Retrieved December 10, 2016.
- "'TRANSFORMERS': CROSSOVER WITH OTHER HASBRO PROPERTIES POSSIBLE; 'G.I. JOE,' 'JEM THE HOLOGRAM' INCLUDED; HINTED BY DIRECTOR JON CHU". movienewsguide.com. October 29, 2015. Retrieved December 10, 2016.
- Kilday, Gregg (December 15, 2015). "Paramount, Hasbro Creating Movie Universe Around G.I. Joe, Four Other Brands". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved December 10, 2016.
- Kit, Borys (April 21, 2016). "Hasbro Cinematic Universe Takes Shape With Michael Chabon, Brian K. Vaughan, Akiva Goldsman (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved December 10, 2016.
- Chitwood, Adam (January 18, 2017). "Director D.J. Caruso Says His 'G.I. Joe 3' Idea Involved Meeting the Transformers". Collider.