Jump to navigation Jump to search
List of continuities
- Marvel Comics (1979–2004)
- Since 1979, Marvel Comics has published its own comic books based on G.I. Joe, Micronauts, Rom and Transformers, set in Earth-616, known as the Marvel Universe. However, the Transformers and G.I. Joe series were later established non-canon (they are set on Earth-91274). Some of the crossover series featuring both Hasbro and Marvel characters were The X-Men and the Micronauts (guest starring the X-Men) and New Avengers/Transformers (guest starring the New Avengers). Despite the licensing rights reverting to Hasbro, indirect references to Rom and Micronauts have occurred since.
- From 1983 to 1987, Sunbow Productions and Marvel Productions developed the series G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero, The Transformers, Jem and Inhumanoids. These series had been hinted to share the same universe, mostly due to the appearance of the character named Hector Ramirez.
- Transformers/G.I. Joe (Dreamwave Productions, 2004)
- On 2004, Dreamwave Productions published Transformers/G.I. Joe, another crossover set in the time of World War I, and including a one-shot titled Transformers/G.I. Joe: Divided Front. This series only lasted six issues, due to Dreamwave's bankruptcy.
- Between 2005 and 2008, IDW Publishing acquired the license to make comics based on Transformers and G.I. Joe, but neither have ever shared the same continuity before. On 2016, IDW announced the Hasbro Reconstruction branding along with the crossover event Revolution, which officially set Transformers and G.I. Joe to co-exist within one same universe, with the addition of Micronauts, Rom, Action Man and M.A.S.K. On 2017, Visionaries debuted on the aftermath of the event series First Strike. This comic book continuity concluded after the miniseries Transformers: Unicron.
- Unit:E (HasLab, 2011)
- Hasbro's former comic book imprint HasLab published for 2011's San Diego Comic-Con the one-shot issue Unit:E, where characters from various franchises joined forces into a new adventure. This project would be rebooted as IDW's Revolution.
- The Transformers Aligned Continuity (comprising the animated series Transformers: Prime and Transformers: Robots in Disguise; currently owned by Hasbro's Allspark) features a reference to M.A.S.K. as a division of the United States military that developed a special vehicle.
- HasCon (2017–present)
- Grey Global Group published a special one-shot titled "When Worlds Collide" to celebrate 2017's HasCon, the first convention exclusively for Hasbro brands.
- Rom: Dire Wraiths (IDW Publishing, 2020)
- The Rom: Dire Wraiths miniseries makes several references to Action Man and Inhumanoids; for example, Action Man character Mike Power a.k.a. Atomic Man, the Adventure-One Team, and Primordia, homeworld of the Inhumanoids.
- On March 28, 2014, producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura announced that he is open to doing a crossover film between the Transformers and G.I. Joe film series (Paramount Pictures and MGM). On June 23, di Bonaventura stated that a crossover was not likely to happen, but on July 9, he reassured there would still be a possibility. On October 23, 2015, Chu confirmed his intentions to make a crossover film between Jem (Universal Pictures) with Transformers and G.I. Joe. On October 29, he hinted about Transformers possibly doing crossover with other Hasbro products. On January 18, 2017, D. J. Caruso has stated that when he was in talks to be GI Joe 3's director, the discussion included a Transformers and G.I. Joe meeting. However, Paramount did not think the time was right to do so because they did not want to infringing on Michael Bay's running of the Transformers films.
- Five-property cinematic universe
- On December 15, 2015, Hasbro agreed with Paramount to a deal creating a five-property movie universe by financing unit Allspark Pictures and distributed by Paramount Pictures. This new universe will consist of the current G.I. Joe film series alongside future film adaptations based on M.A.S.K., Micronauts, Rom and Visionaries. On April 21, 2016, The Hollywood Reporter confirmed that Lindsey Beer, Michael Chabon, Cheo Hodari Coker, Joe Robert Cole, John Francis Daley, Jonathan Goldstein, Jeff Pinkner, Nicole Perlman, Nicole Riegel, Geneva Robertson and Brian K. Vaughan have joined the writers' room for the cinematic universe.
- List of comics based on Hasbro properties
- List of films based on Hasbro properties
- List of television programs based on Hasbro properties
- "Transformers, G.I. Joe, and other Hasbro characters come together for IDW's 'Revolution'". EW.com. 2016-06-01. Retrieved 2017-01-02.
- Whitbrook, James (January 6, 2016). "IDW Is Merging G.I. Joe, Transformers, and Its Other Hasbro Comics Into One Giant Universe". io9. Retrieved December 9, 2016.
- "IDW Catalogue – Winter 2016". IDW Publishing. December 2, 2016. Retrieved December 9, 2016.
- "HASBRO's VISIONARIES Returning In DECEMBER After 30 Years". Newsarama. July 21, 2017. Retrieved July 22, 2017.
- "TRANSFORMERS: UNICRON Event is a 'Grand Finale' to 12 Years at IDW". Newsarama. March 24, 2018. Retrieved April 13, 2018.
- Transformers: Prime – Season 3: Beast Hunters – Episode 5: Project Predacon
- Transformers: Robots in Disguise – Season 1 – Episode 17: One of Our Mini-Cons is Missing
- Rom: Dire Wraiths #1 (2020).
- "G.I. Joe And Transformers Crossover? The Producer Tells Us How It Could Happen". m.cinemablend.com. October 1, 2014. Archived from the original on June 16, 2013. Retrieved December 10, 2016.
- "G.I. Joe/Transformers Movie Crossover Not Likely to Happen, Says Producer". slashfilm.com. June 23, 2014. Retrieved December 10, 2016.
- "'Transformers' and 'G.I. Joe' Crossover Movie Is Possible, Says Producer". fashiontimes.com. July 9, 2014. Archived from the original on July 19, 2014. Retrieved December 10, 2016.
- Henne, B.G. (October 23, 2015). "John Chu wants to make a crossover film with G.I. Joe, Transformers, and Jem". Retrieved December 10, 2016.
- "'TRANSFORMERS': CROSSOVER WITH OTHER HASBRO PROPERTIES POSSIBLE; 'G.I. JOE,' 'JEM THE HOLOGRAM' INCLUDED; HINTED BY DIRECTOR JON CHU". movienewsguide.com. October 29, 2015. Archived from the original on August 14, 2017. Retrieved December 10, 2016.
- Chitwood, Adam (January 18, 2017). "Director D.J. Caruso Says His 'G.I. Joe 3' Idea Involved Meeting the Transformers". Collider.
- Kilday, Gregg (December 15, 2015). "Paramount, Hasbro Creating Movie Universe Around G.I. Joe, Four Other Brands". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved December 10, 2016.
- Kit, Borys (April 21, 2016). "Hasbro Cinematic Universe Takes Shape With Michael Chabon, Brian K. Vaughan, Akiva Goldsman (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved December 10, 2016.