Highbridge is a residential neighborhood geographically located in the central-west section of the Bronx, New York City. The neighborhood is part of Bronx Community Board 4. Its boundaries, starting from the north and moving clockwise are the Cross-Bronx Expressway to the north, Jerome Avenue to the east, East 161st Street to the south, and the Harlem River to the west. Ogden Avenue is the primary thoroughfare through Highbridge. ZIP codes include 10452. The area is patrolled by the 44th Precinct located at 2 East 169th Street. NYCHA property in the area is patrolled by P.S.A. 7 at 737 Melrose Avenue in the Melrose section of the Bronx.
Highbridge has a population under 35,000. The vast majority of residents in the area are of Dominican descent. However, there is a long-standing community of Puerto Ricans and African Americans in this area. 
Land use and terrain
Highbridge is dominated by townhouses and 5 and 6-story apartment buildings. The total land area is roughly one square mile. The terrain is elevated and very hilly. Stair streets connect areas located at different elevations.
Low income public housing projects
- There are three NYCHA developments located in Highbridge.
- Highbridge Gardens; six, 13-story buildings.
- Highbridge Rehabs (Nelson Avenue); three, 5 and 6-story rehabilitated tenement buildings.
- Highbridge Rehabs (Anderson Avenue);
The neighborhood takes its name from the High Bridge built in 1848 by Irish immigrants to carry Croton Aqueduct water across the Harlem River. Up until the late 1960s, the residents of Highbridge were predominately of Irish and Eastern European Jewish descent. They have since been replaced by large numbers of Hispanics and African Americans.
- PS 11: High Bridge (Merriam and Ogden Avs)
- PS 73: Joseph Dellacava (West 165th St and Anderson Av)
- PS 114x: Luis Llorens Torres Schools (West 166th St and Cromwell Av)
- PS 126: Dr. Marjorie Dunbar (West 166th St and University Av)
- PS 199: William Shakespeare (West 172nd St and Shakespeare Av)
- PS/IS 128: Rafael Hernandez Dual Language Magnet School (West 167th St and Gerard Av)
- IS 361: The Highbridge Green School (200 W. 167th Street), a 2014-2015 Chancellor's Showcase School
- Sacred Heart School (168th and Nelson Av)
- Bx11: to Simpson Street station or George Washington Bridge Bus Terminal (via 170th St)
- Bx13: to George Washington Bridge Bus Terminal or 161st Street – Yankee Stadium station (4 B D) (via Ogden Av)
- Bx35: to Simpson Street station or George Washington Bridge Bus Terminal (via 167th St)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Highbridge, Bronx.|