|Slogan||Tune In/Turn Up/KAMP Out|
|First air date||1988|
|Owner||Arizona Student Media|
KAMP Student Radio (1570 AM) is an unlicensed College radio station operated by students of The University of Arizona in Tucson, Arizona. It broadcasts at 1570 kHz on the AM band, and the closed-circuit Cable television Channel 20 in the dormitories on the UA campus and on the Internet.
KAMP, the University of Arizona's college radio station started in 1988. From the start, the "Student Radio Task Force" consisted of several passionate students who broadcast from a claustrophobic studio in the old Memorial Union. They began with an eight-hour programming block, which hosted various genres of music as well as news and sports.
Years later, the "Student Radio Task Force" evolved into "KAMP Student Radio." Today, KAMP is home to over 150 student volunteers and broadcasts all genres of music. The station streams live audio via their website, kamp.arizona.edu, as well as on 1570 AM. Students can also access KAMP through closed-circuit television on Channel 20 and UATV. It is also broadcast live to the Park Student Union on the University of Arizona campus, where the station is located. By joining KAMP, students have the opportunity to host their own weekly one-hour radio show, learn the basics of DJing by joining the Mobile DJ crew, and attend concerts and festivals by obtaining press and writing reviews. KAMP is funded by a $1 fee on per-semester tuition that was approved by student referendum. Currently, senior André Pettman serves as the general manager of KAMP Student Radio. There are 60+ hours of student-run programming as of January 2016.
For the Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 semesters, KAMP is being overseen by student directors attending the University of Arizona.
- General Manager – André Pettman
- Marketing Director – Payton Wells
- Engineering Director – Shaun Oyakawa
- Production Director – Jake Calegari
- Head Music Director – Tatum Schranz
- News Director – Amanda Chesin
- Sports Director – Justin Spears
- Mobile DJ Director – Sebastian Machado
- Programming Director – Hannah Isaac
- Art Directors – Sean Li Wong & Kyle Morris
- Music Directors - Emily Beiser, Colin Bauer, Ali Shareef, Andrew Trujillo, Tatum Schranz, Zazil Davis-Vazquez
- Faculty and Professional Advisor – Mike Camarillo
|This article about a radio station in Arizona is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|