|Broadcast area||Greater Houston|
|First air date||1989|
|HAAT||598 meters (1,962 ft)|
|Callsign meaning||From "K-LOVE" brand|
|Former callsigns||KQQK (1989–2001)
(Univision Radio License Corporation)
|Sister stations||KLAT, KLTN, KAMA-FM, KQBU-FM
Also part of the Univision Cluster: TV Stations KFTH-DT and KXLN
KOVE-FM (106.5 FM) is a Spanish-language radio station serving the Houston and Galveston areas from Galveston, Texas. KOVE-FM is owned by Univision Communications. The studios are in Uptown Houston and the transmitter is in Santa Fe, Texas.
This station, launched in 1989, is not related to the earlier FM station launched in 1968 as "KGBC-FM" (106.1 FM), then sold, moved to 106.5 FM, and re-licensed as "KUFO" in 1974. That station, with shifting ownership and declining fortunes, became "KXKX" in 1979 and "KQQK" in 1986 before signing off forever and having its license cancelled by the FCC in March 1989.
- "Directory of AM and FM Radio Stations in the U.S.". 1971 Broadcasting Yearbook. Washington, DC: Broadcasting Publications, Inc. 1971. p. B-202.
- "The Facilities of Radio". 1979 Broadcasting Yearbook. Washington, DC: Broadcasting Publications, Inc. 1979. p. C-215.
- "Station Search Details (40427)". FCC Media Bureau. August 1, 1983. Retrieved December 29, 2011.
- KOVE-FM official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KOVE
- Radio-Locator information on KOVE
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KOVE
|This article about a radio station in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|