|Ceased operations||30 November 2017|
|Focus cities||Samarinda Airport|
|Company slogan||Fly Smart with Us|
|Headquarters||Villa Melati Mas, Serpong, South Tangerang, Indonesia|
Samarinda office: Samarinda Airport, Gatot Subroto Road, Samarinda
Masyhur purchased the airline's first aircraft, an ATR 42, nicknamed KSE, in Bungay on 22 September 2008.
Although initially based in Samarinda, he formally began Kalstar Aviation in Serpong. On Kalstar Samarinda's maiden voyage, the airline flew from Samarinda to Tarakan, and later on to Nunukan. The airline grew quickly. By 2010, it had added another two ATR 42s to its fleet.
Kalstar Aviation launched the airline's mobile application, dubbed KALSTAR Mobile. Passengers can use the application to check flight arrivals and departures, and check in for their flights. The airline also provides in-flight magazine Kalstar.
Starting on September 30, 2017 Kalstar Aviation stops all its flights inline with the letter of Transportation Ministry for improving its management in technical and finance matters. There are no limit how long the improvement should be finished.
- Jakarta, Soekarno Hatta International Airport
- Bandung, Husein Sastranegara International Airport
- Surabaya, Juanda International Airport
- Semarang, Achmad Yani International Airport
- Balikpapan, Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman Airport
- Banjarmasin, Syamsudin Noor Airport
- Berau, Kalimarau Airport
- Ketapang, Ketapang Airport
- Kota Baru, Gusti Syamsir Alam Airport
- Malinau, Robert Atty Bessing Airport
- Melak, Melalan Airport
- Nunukan, Nunukan Airport
- Pangkalan Bun, Iskandar Airport
- Pontianak, Supadio Airport
- Putussibau, Pangsuma Airport
- Samarinda, Temindung Airport (Passenger + Cargo)
- Sampit, Sampit Airport
- Sintang Regency, Sintang Airport
- Tanjung Selor, Tanjung Harapan Airport
- Tarakan, Juwata International Airport
- Denpasar Ngurah Rai International Airport
- Maumere Frans Seda Airport
- Kupang El Tari Airport
- Ende H. Hasan Aroeboesman Airport
As of September 2017, the Kalstar Aviation passenger fleet comprises the following aircraft:
EU aviation blacklist
Accident & Incidents
On December 21, 2015, Embraer 195LR registered PK-KDC overshoots the runway at Kupang Airport while performing duty as KD678 from Ende to Kupang. Everyone onboard survived the incident.
- "Kalstar" (PDF). Kalstar Aviation. Archived from the original (PDF) on 21 September 2015. Retrieved 2 September 2015.
- "Kalstar Bidik Rute Kosong di Kaltim". Archived from the original on 17 November 2015. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "Kalstar Aviation". Aviasi. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
- Apfia Tioconny Billy (September 30, 2017). "Mulai Hari Ini Penerbangan Kalstar Aviation Dihentikan Sementara".
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original on 2016-02-07. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-12-05. Retrieved 2013-10-24.