Lakshmi Narain College of Technology
लक्ष्मी नारायण प्रौद्योगिकी महाविद्यालय, भोपाल
|Motto||"Working Towards Being The Best"|
|Founder||Jai Narain ChoukseyLate Suresh Kumar Chouksey|
|Campus||Urban, 35 acres (0.14 km2)|
The Lakshmi Narain College of Technology (abbreviated LNCTB or LNCT Bhopal) is a technology-oriented institute of higher education established by LNCT Group of Colleges.
Lakshmi Narain College of Technology, Bhopal (formerly LNCT) is one of the first private engineering colleges in Madhya Pradesh. It is a private engineering college established in 1993 to attract bright young students from across the country. It was founded by the Kalchuri Educational Trust, Bhopal. The institute is successfully meeting the objective of producing skilled manpower of the highest quality who is able to cope up with the challenges of ever evolving industrial needs of the country.
The college is affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi Technical University, Bhopal, the technical university of Madhya Pradesh for engineering courses, Barkatullah University (BU), Bhopal for management and pharmacy courses and approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) New Delhi and Pharmacy Council of India (PCI).
In 2006 the Lakshmi Narain College of Technology & Science (LNCTS) and in 2015 the Lakshmi Narain College of Technology Excellence (LNCTE) was established as the constituent colleges of LNCT on the same campus.
In 2013 the LNCT was awarded the Best Institute of Bhopal by CMAI (Communication, Multimedia and Infrastructure of India) in National Madhya Pradesh Education Awards. Also , the college got NBA Accredited in 2017 .
Campus and location
The institute is on a lush green campus of 45 acres. There are five buildings that house the academics and research centers. In addition to this, the academic building has tutorial rooms, lecture halls, computer and electronics labs and offices of the administrations and faculty. The campus is fully equipped with facilities like central library (digital library, Internet lab), digital classrooms, hostel, mess,Central workshop, Auditorium , Sports Ground etc.
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Humanities & Social Science
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Management Studies
- Agriculture Science
Academics and admission
LNCT offers undergraduate, postgraduate and research degrees across disciplines in engineering, management, computer applications, and pharmacy. For the undergraduate curriculum, admission to the B.E. is done through the Joint Entrance Examination (Main) counselling followed by Directorate of Technical Education Madhya Pradesh Government. For the postgraduate curriculum, admission to the MTech programmes are through the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). Admission in other courses are through a state-level entrance test.
Training and placement
LNCT has signed MOU with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), Ericsson India Pvt. Ltd. and Oracle under a Workforce Development Program. LNCT has been accredited from TCS, Wipro and Capgemini. It has been first institute in Madhya Pradesh chosen for a Microsoft Innovation Center and also Oracle innovation centre .
Major recruiters include Microsoft, Oracle, Amazon, Syntel, Samsung, Cognizant, TCS, Tech Mahindra, Wipro, Infosys, cognizant, Capgemini, Larsen & Toubro Infotech, Dell, IBM, Computer Sciences Corporation, Zenstar, Reliance Communications, Mu Sigma Inc., Cummins, Amdocs, Godrej, HCL, Ericsson, UST Global, Zycus, Yodlee, Sears Holdings, Persistent Systems, Aricent, Aon Hewitt, Mphasis, Atos, Ashok Leyland, Google, HP, Renault, Indian Army, Indian Navy, etc.
Clubs and activities
LNCT Bhopal has been hosted the Indian Language Conference in which Hon'ble Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Shri Shivraj Singh Chouhan was chief guest. LNCT Bhopal has tie-ups with Elite Football League of India for EFLI University League.
- NCC LNCT
- NSS LNCT
- Quest Nature Club
- LNCT Photography Club
- Technical Festival -SRISHTI
- Techno SRIJAN organized by MPCST
- Planet Engineer's
- Engineers Olympic
- Lakshmi Narain College of Technology, Jabalpur
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology (MACT)
- Joint Entrance Examination
- List of educational institutions in Bhopal
- "News: India News, Latest Bollywood News, Sports News, Business & Political News, National & International News - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 6 October 2015. Retrieved 18 July 2015.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 30 June 2015. Retrieved 28 June 2015.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "LNCT Campus - Wikimapia". wikimapia.org.
- Aap Ki Baat (28 April 2015). "Career story on Mechanical Engineering" – via YouTube.
- "Top Engineering Colleges". Outlookindia.com. 7 July 2014. Retrieved 20 July 2018.
- "Engineering@LNCT Group of Colleges". Lnct.ac.in. Retrieved 20 July 2018.
- "LNCT Group | Achievements". Lnct.ac.in. Retrieved 20 July 2018.
- "LNCT Group of Colleges | Bhopal". Lnct.ac.in. Retrieved 20 July 2018.
- "Press note" (PDF). www.mcu.ac.in. 2015.
- "Elite Football League of India (EFLI) and its university tie-ups". 27 February 2014.