List of airports in the Maldives
The Maldives or Maldive Islands, officially the Republic of Maldives, is an island country in the Indian Ocean formed by a double chain of twenty-six atolls stretching in a north-south direction off India's Lakshadweep islands, between Minicoy Island and Chagos Archipelago. It stands in the Laccadive Sea, about 700 kilometres (435 mi) southwest of Sri Lanka.
The atolls of Maldives encompass a territory spread over roughly 90,000 square kilometres (34,749 sq mi), making it one of the most disparate countries in the world. It features 1,192 islets, of which two hundred are inhabited. The Republic of Maldives's capital and largest city is Malé.
Airport names shown in bold have scheduled passenger service on commercial airlines.
|Gan||Addu City||VRMG||GAN||Gan International Airport|
|Hanimaadhoo||Haa Dhaalu||VRMH||HAQ||Hanimaadhoo International Airport|
|Hulhulé||Malé||VRMM||MLE||Velana International Airport|
|Maamingili||Alifu Dhaalu||VRMV||VAM||Villa International Airport|
|Kaadedhdhoo||Gaafu Dhaalu||VRMT||KDM||Kaadedhdhoo Airport|
|Kooddoo||Gaafu Alifu||VRMO||GKK||Kooddoo Airport|
- Transport in the Maldives
- List of airports by ICAO code: V#VR - Maldives
- List of airlines of the Maldives
- Wikipedia: Airline destination lists: Asia#Maldives
- Maldives Airports Co. Ltd., official site
- "IATA Airport Code Search". International Air Transport Association.
- "ICAO Location Indicators by State" (PDF). International Civil Aviation Organization. 2006-01-12.
- "UN Location Codes: Maldives (includes IATA codes)". UN/LOCODE 2009-2. UNECE. 2010-02-08.
- Airports in the Maldives. World Aero Data.
- Airports in the Maldives. The Airport Guide.
- Airports in the Maldives. Great Circle Mapper.