List of autobiographies by presidents of the United States
Many presidents of the United States have written autobiographies about their presidencies and/or (some periods of) their life before their time in office. Some 19th-century U.S. presidents who wrote autobiographies are James Buchanan and Ulysses S. Grant, though Grant's autobiography is about his time as General during the U.S. Civil War and not about his presidency. Some of the more recent U.S. presidential autobiographies, such as Bill Clinton's, George W. Bush's, and Barack Obama's (written and published before he was elected president) sold well enough to earn them millions of dollars.
Autobiographies covering the period of their presidency
- Note: Only publication information for the first edition is given.
Autobiographies not covering the period of their presidency
Published diaries and papers
- "Americas | Clintons' earnings exceed $100m". BBC News. 2008-04-05. Retrieved 2013-04-08.
- Simon Mann, Washington. "'Man of Steel' barely rates a mention in Bush memoirs". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 2013-04-08.
- Trex, Ethan (September 9, 2010), "A Brief History of Presidential Memoirs", mental floss
- Robinson, Joshua (November 8, 2010), "A Brief History of the Presidential Memoir", The Daily Beast