MLS Soccer Sunday
|MLS Soccer Sunday|
|Presented by||See below|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||2.0–2.5 hours per match|
ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Radio, Fox, FS1, SiriusXM (English)|
ESPN Deportes, Fox Deportes (Spanish)
|Original release||March 8, 2015|
MLS Soccer Sunday is a presentation of Major League Soccer produced independently by ESPN and Fox Sports Sunday evenings primarily on ESPN, ESPN2, Fox Sports 1 and Fox. Spanish-language simulcasts are broadcast on ESPN Deportes and Fox Deportes.
As part of the current broadcast agreement between Major League Soccer and its network partners, ESPN Networks and Fox Sports each contracted to broadcast 34 weekly matches in an assigned broadcast window. In addition to the weekly broadcast window, each broadcast group gained the right to transmit their broadcasts on their respective digital broadcast service.
Additionally, ESPN Networks was granted the right to develop an over-the-top content (OTT) service consisting of all out-of-market broadcasts of any MLS match not part of the MLS Soccer Sunday broadcasts nor those of Viernes de Fútbol, the Friday evening presentation of MLS on the networks of Univision. Although the service was intended to begin with the 2015 MLS season in the first year of the new agreement, ESPN decided it could not logistically offer the service that year and MLS continued to offer its MLS Live digital service as it had previous seasons.
MLS Soccer Sunday on ESPN
MLS Soccer Sunday is telecast primarily on ESPN, ESPN2 in the 5 pm Eastern Time Zone broadcast window. Most matches are simulcast live on ESPN Deportes. The first broadcast on March 8, 2015 was the home opener of Orlando City SC and fellow expansion side New York City FC. The match, which ended in a 1–1 tie, was broadcast from the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Florida before a crowd of 62,510 spectators.
MLS Soccer Sunday on Fox
MLS Soccer Sunday is telecast primarily on Fox Sports 1 and Fox Deportes in the 7 pm Eastern Time Zone broadcast window. The first broadcast on March 8, 2015 was the first match of a doubleheader featuring Sporting Kansas City and the New York Red Bulls. The second match featured Seattle Sounders FC and New England Revolution.
- MLS Soccer Saturday
- MLS Primetime Thursday
- MLS Saturday
- MLS Game of the Week
- Viernes de Fútbol
- ESPN Major League Soccer
- Ourand, John; Botta, Christopher (May 12, 2014). "MLS' Big Play". Sports Business Journal. Street & Smith's. Retrieved March 29, 2015.
- Frankel, Daniel (January 30, 2015). "Report: ESPN will not provide a la carte pro soccer this year". Fierce Cable. Retrieved April 27, 2015.
- "Orlando City SC vs New York City FC". MLS MatchCenter. Major League Soccer. March 8, 2015. Retrieved July 25, 2015.
- "Sporting Kansas City vs New York Red Bulls". MLS MatchCenter. Major League Soccer. March 8, 2015. Retrieved July 25, 2015.
- "Seattle Sounders vs New England Revolution". MLS MatchCenter. Major League Soccer. March 8, 2015. Retrieved July 25, 2015.
|This article about a sports television series is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|