|Headquarters||Menlo Park, California, U.S.|
|Products||Headphones, Blu-ray players|
OPPO Digital (Chinese: OPPO影音) is an independently operated overseas division sharing the brand name OPPO with OPPO Electronics, both owned by Chinese company BBK Electronics. Founded in 2004, it is based in Menlo Park, California. OPPO Digital designs and markets audio and video equipment, including Blu-ray Disc players and personal audio products such as headphones and headphone amplifiers, mainly targeting markets in Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, USA, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and India.
On April 2, 2018, Oppo Digital announced they were winding down product production and stopping development of new products, but would continue to support existing ones.
- "OPPO影音中国". OPPO Digital China (in Chinese). Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- Colin, David (July 7, 2005). "A Winning Digital DVD Player". Projector Central.
So who is Oppo? They certainly are not a household name and with good reason as Oppo is a newly created North American branch of BBK Electronics of China, a giant in the manufacture of consumer electronics, employing 12,000 people worldwide. So while Oppo is a new name, the company and the technology behind it are quite substantial.
- Beamish, David. "Review: OPPO Digital DV-971H (US - DVD)". dvdactive.
OPPO Digital are based in Mountain View, CA and are the US arm of BBK Electronics who are a huge Chinese market leader and who have been a private label OEM for companies such as Denon, NEC and BOSE. Manufacturing all sorts of electronics gear, BBK Electronics is a market leader in China and looking to expand globally hence the creation of their North American arm – OPPO Digital.
- "About us". OPPO Digital USA. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- Archer, John (2 April 2018). "Oppo Shock: Popular AV Brand Announces That 'It's Time To Say Goodbye'". Forbes. Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 22 December 2015. Retrieved 24 December 2015.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)