|• Type||Panchayati raj (India)|
|• Body||Gram panchayat|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-WB|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Bankura|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Taldangra|
Panchmura is a gram panchayat under Taldangra intermediate panchayat, in Khatra subdivision of Bankura district in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is 21 km (13 mi) from Bishnupur and is famous for the terracotta Bankura horse, a folk artefact and now the national symbol for Indian handicrafts.
Panchmura is located at . It has an average elevation of 68 m (223 ft).
Census villages under Panchmura gram panchayat are as follows: Nutangram, Danduria, Dhobajor, Banskopa, Kanaipur, Radhanagar, Amjor, Panchmura, Adhkara, Kukutia, Jaypur, Chakiambedia, Lalbandh, Deulbhira, Bhetuadanga, Jambedia, Rasiagara, Shyamsundarpur and Tatar.
As per 2011 Census of India Panchmura had a total population of 3,719 of which 1,854 (50%) were males and 1,865 (50%) were females. Population below 6 years was 425. The total number of literates in Panchmura was 2,525 (76.65% of the population over 6 years).
Panchmura Mahavidyalaya is a general degree college established in 1965 with the efforts of local people led by Dr. Pasupati Mandal. It offers honours courses in Bengali, English, Sanskrit, history, political science, philosophy, economics, chemistry, mathematics and accountancy, and general courses in arts, science and commerce. It is affiliated to the University of Burdwan.
- "Village Panchayats of West Bengal". Bankura. National Panchayat Directory,Panchayat Informatics Division,NIC. Archived from the original on April 16, 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-02.
- "Incredible India". West Bengal. India tourism. Retrieved 2009-06-17.
- "Panchmura, India Page". Falling Rain Genomics. Retrieved 2009-06-22.
- "List of Census Villages mapped for Village Panchayat:Panchmura, Taldangra, Bankura,West Bengal". Ministry of Panchayati Raj. Retrieved 2009-06-22.
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "Bankura’s Horses". bengalinet. Retrieved 2009-06-22.
- "Terracotta Traditions". potteryindia. Retrieved 2009-06-22.
- "Panchmura Mahavidyalaya". Panchmura Mahavidyalaya. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "Panchmura Mahavidyalaya". College Admission. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Bishnupur (West Bengal).|