In October 2014
June 4, 1986
Seoul, South Korea
|Years active||2003–2015 (hiatus; military service)|
|Revised Romanization||Bak Yucheon|
Park Yoo-chun (born June 4, 1986), formerly known as Micky Yoochun and better known by the mononym Yoochun, is a South Korean singer-songwriter and actor. He is a member of the South Korean boy group JYJ and former member of TVXQ. He has starred in dramas Sungkyunkwan Scandal (2010), Miss Ripley (2011), Rooftop Prince (2012), Missing You (2012), Three Days (2014) and The Girl Who Sees Smells (2015).
- 1 Early life
- 2 Musical career
- 3 Acting career
- 4 Legal issues
- 5 Personal life
- 6 Discography
- 7 Filmography
- 8 Awards and nominations
- 9 Tours
- 10 References
- 11 External links
Park Yoo-chun was born on June 4, 1986 in Seoul, South Korea to a wealthy family. His family moved to the United States in 1998. He lived in Fairfax, Virginia, where he attended Holmes Middle School and Chantilly High School. Later his parents divorced.
In 2001, he won award at American Music Festival and then returned to Korea to prepare for his debut. After a relatively short training period of 1 year and 5 months, he made his debut as a member of the 5-member male group Dong Bang Shin Ki through SBS BoA & Britney Spears Special Stage on December 27, 2003.
Park Yoochun graduated Hanam High School in 2007 along with fellow members Kim Junsu and Kim Jaejoong. He is attending Kyunghee Cyber University. His father, who died on March 14, 2012, of an undisclosed illness, was a businessman. He has a younger brother, Park Yu-hwan, who is also an actor.
From 2003 to 2009, Park performed as a member of the best-selling K-pop boy band TVXQ. In July 2009, Park and two of his TVXQ bandmates, Jaejoong and Junsu, filed a lawsuit against their South Korean agency S.M. Entertainment. Through their lawyers, the members stated that the 13-year contract was excessively long, schedules were held out without the confirmation or permission of the members, contract terms have been extended and changed without their knowledge or consent and that the group's earnings were not fairly distributed to the members. After TVXQ's Japanese label announced a group hiatus in early 2010, they formed a new three member group initially known as JUNSU/JAEJOONG/YUCHUN in Japan.
In November 28, 2012, the legal battle between JYJ and S.M. finally ended. Both sides agreed to retiring every judicial accusation against each other and not interfering in each other's actions.
In September 2010, JYJ released extended play The..., which debuted at number one on Japan's Oricon album charts. However, Avex had announced the suspension and when in Japan, the same month that year.
JYJ proceeded to release The Beginning, a global album which was sung in English. JYJ promoted the new album via a worldwide showcase tour throughout October and November with dates in South Korea, Southeast Asia and the United States.
In January 25, 2011, JYJ released Korean extended play Their Rooms "Our Story"." JYJ's second group album and first full length Korean-language album In Heaven was released September 28, 2011.
Starting from April, Park toured Asia and North America for JYJ's first Worldwide Tour. The tour was then extended to Europe and South America, adding another four stops in Spain, Germany, Chile and Peru.
Park has written and composed several songs that have appeared on TVXQ's Korean and Japanese albums. As a member of SM Town, he contributed to the 2007 winter album Only Love with his composition "Evergreen". Park also wrote and composed "사랑 안녕 사랑 (Love Bye Love)", featured on the group's fourth Korean studio album Mirotic. For the Trick project, he wrote the lyrics to his solo "My Girlfriend", entirely in English.
With TVXQ members U-Know Yunho and Xiah Junsu, Park wrote the rap lyrics to "Love After Love", which appeared on their second Korean studio album, Rising Sun. For the group's Japanese releases, Park wrote and co-composed "Kiss Shita Mama, Sayonara" (Kissしたまま、さよなら? lit. As We Kiss, Goodbye) with Hero for T, TVXQ's third Japanese album. In September 2009, he and Hero released a self-written duet, "Colors (Melody and Harmony)/Shelter", which was used as the image song for Hello Kitty's 35th anniversary.
Park has also written songs for JYJ's albums. "I Love You", a track featured in JYJ's 2010 album The Beginning, was penned by Park. In January 2011, Park was the lyricist/composer in JYJ's music essay called Their Rooms "Our Story" for the song "이름없는 노래 Part 1 (A Song Without A Name, Part 1)". In addition, he also composed the rap in bandmate Junsu's song, "Xiahtic". For In Heaven, Park co-wrote "Get Out" with bandmate Jaejoong.
In June 2010 Park began his official acting career by appearing in the Japanese BeeTV mobile drama Beautiful Love ～君がいれば～ (Beautiful Love ~If you were here ~) as Young-soo, the runaway heir of a conglomerate.
Two months later, Park made his Korean debut as an actor in the hit 2010 KBS drama Sungkyunkwan Scandal (성균관스캔들). He portrayed Lee Seon Joon, a wealthy, passionable and studious nobleman, who falls in love with his fellow schoolmate—a woman disguised as a man. He received the "Rookie of the Year" Award, "Netizen Award" and "Best Couple" Award at the 2010 KBS Drama Awards ceremony. He won "Best Newcomer Award" and "Most Popular Actor in a TV Drama" at The 47th Baeksang Arts Awards, the most prestigious entertainment awards in South Korea. Park also won "Best Actor" and "Most Popular Asian Actor" at the 6th Seoul International Drama Awards.
In 2011, he starred in the MBC drama Miss Ripley with Lee Da-hae, Kim Seung-woo, and Kang Hye-jung. His character as Song Yoo-hyun has him playing a half-Korean, half-Japanese second-generation director who will falls blindly in love with the antiheroine. At the 2011 MBC Drama Awards, Park won "Best Newcomer" for his role as lead male in "Miss Ripley."
In 2012, he starred in the SBS drama Rooftop Prince with Han Ji-min. Park's third role was Lee Gak, a Joseon era prince who time-travels 300 years to the present day, and also as Yong Tae-yong, third generation of conglomerate. The drama started airing on March 21, 2012. On August 30, Park won "Most Popular Actor in TV Drama" at the 48th Baeksang Arts Awards, crowning him as the most popular actor for two years in row.
On November 7, 2012, Park returned to television by participating in his fourth drama, MBC's Missing You, in which he portrays homicide detective Han Jung-woo who, in the past when he was fourteen years old, was separated from his first love.
Having played the main character in a SBS and a MBC drama during 2012, Park attended both networks' drama award shows. At the MBC Drama Awards on December 30, the actor won the "Excellence Actor in a Mini-Series" Award for his role in Missing You. At the SBS Drama Awards the following day on the 31st, he received four more awards--"Excellence Actor in a Drama Special", one of the "Top 10 Stars", "Best Couple" (shared with Han Ji-min), and the "Netizen Popularity" Award—at the SBS Drama Awards for his performance in popular drama Rooftop Prince.
In 2014 and 2015 he won the title of "Best New Actor" for his performance in Haemoo at numerous entertainment awards, including the Baeksang Arts Awards, the Blue Dragon Awards, the Daejong Film Awards, the Busan International Film Festival and the SACF Beautiful Artists Awards.
On June 2016, while in the middle of his two-year mandatory military service, Park became a subject of a number of sexual assault allegations from several women. South Korean authorities formed a special task force to investigate all the sexual assaults filed. Park's agency denied all allegations. On July 14, all charges against Park were dropped by the police, and the lawyers for the artist then sued for defamation and blackmail. In July 2016, Park was acquitted of all four charges and counter-sued his accusers of false accusation and attempted blackmail. On January 17, 2017 (KST), Seoul Central District Criminal Court 15 Single Judge Choi Jong Jin ruled in favor of Park, pronouncing a guilty verdict for the defendants and giving full term sentences as demanded by the prosecution. One woman (Miss Lee) was sentenced to two years imprisonment, her accomplices: 1) boyfriend (Mr. Lee) to one year and six months and 2) the gang member (Mr. Hwang) to two years and six months (one year less than prosecution's demand). The second accuser, a Miss Song (woman B), was indicted by the Prosecutors and charged with False Accusation and Defamation last March 13th, 2017.  The first trial was held at Seoul Central District Court on April 4th, 2017, where the defendant requested for a public trial.  Miss Song is currently awaiting the schedule of the second trial and the court's decision on her request.
In April 2017, it was confirmed by Park's agency that he will be marrying Hwang Ha-na, granddaughter of Namyang Dairy Products Company, in the fall.
|2009||Makai's Album "Stars"||Tokyo Lovelight||05:31||DJ Makai feat. Yuchun|
|2014||Gummy's Album "I Loved.. Have No Regrets"||놀러가자||03:33||Gummy feat. Yuchun|
|2016||Park Yoochun's 1st mini album||How much love do you have in your wallet||4 songs||1 live concert singing, 1 duet|
|Banjun Theater||High school student||SBS|
|Masked fencer, slave|
|2010||君がいれば ～Beautiful Love～||Young-soo||BeeTV mobile|
|Sungkyunkwan Scandal||Lee Sun-joon||KBS2|
|2011||Miss Ripley||Song Yoo-hyun / Yutaka||MBC|
|2012||Rooftop Prince||Lee Gak / Yong Tae-yong||SBS|
|Missing You||Han Jung-woo||MBC|
|2014||Three Days||Han Tae-kyung||SBS|
|2015||The Girl Who Sees Smells||Choi Mu-gak|
|2005||Dating on Earth||Park Yoochun||Korean|
|2017||Lucid Dream||Mysterious man|
|2011||The Hometown in Which I Used to Live||MBC||Documentary about small towns|
|2014||Human Documentary Love - Ep. 4||MBC||Documentary about conjoined twins|
|2015||기적의 피아노 / The Piano||-||Documentary film about a visually-impaired piano child prodigy|
Music video appearances
|2007||TVXQ Bigeastation||Park acted as the host with TVXQ|
Awards and nominations
|2001||American Singing Competition (Virginia)||Best Artist of the Competition||N/A||Won|
|2003||KBN Teens Singing Competition||Special Award||N/A||Won|
|2010||KBS Drama Awards||Best New Actor||Sungkyunkwan Scandal||Won
|Best Couple Award (with Park Min-young)|
|2011||47th Baeksang Arts Awards||Best New Actor (TV)||Won
|Most Popular Actor (TV)|
|6th Seoul International Drama Awards||People's Choice Award (Korea)||Won
|Outstanding Korean Actor|
|7th Korea Drama Awards||Best New Actor||Sungkyunkwan Scandal,
|MBC Drama Awards||Miss Ripley||Won
|2012||48th Baeksang Arts Awards||Most Popular Actor (TV)||Won
|K-Star News Awards||Best Idol Actor (voted by children)||N/A||Won|
|7th Seoul International Drama Awards||People's Choice Award (Korea)||Rooftop Prince||Won
|Outstanding Korean Actor|
|SBS Drama Awards||Excellence Award, Actor in a Drama Special||Won
|Netizen Popularity Award|
|Top 10 Stars|
|Best Couple Award (with Han Ji-min)|
|MBC Drama Awards||Excellence Award, Actor in a Miniseries||Missing You||Won
|Best Couple Award (with Yoon Eun-hye)||Nominated|
|2013||49th Baeksang Arts Awards||Most Popular Actor (TV)||Won|
|2014||3rd APAN Star Awards||Excellence Award, Actor in a Miniseries||Three Days||Nominated|
|34th Korean Association of Film Critics Awards||Best New Actor||Haemoo||Won|
|51st Grand Bell Awards||Won|
|15th Busan Film Critics Awards||Won|
|4th SACF Beautiful Artists Awards||Won|
|Star Night Showbiz Awards||Popular Star Award||Won|
|35th Blue Dragon Film Awards||Best New Actor||Won|
|SBS Drama Awards||Top Excellence Award, Actor in a Miniseries||Three Days||Won|
|Top 10 Stars||Won|
|Netizen Popularity Award||Nominated|
|Best Couple Award (with Park Ha-sun)||Nominated|
|2015||6th Korea Film Reporters Association
(KOFRA) Film Awards
|Best New Actor||Haemoo||Won|
|10th Max Movie Awards||Best Actor||Nominated|
|Best New Actor||Won|
|51st Baeksang Arts Awards||Best New Actor (Film)||Won|
|24th Buil Film Awards||Best New Actor||Nominated|
|8th Korea Drama Awards||Top Excellence Award, Actor||The Girl Who Sees Smells||Nominated|
|23rd SBS Drama Awards||Top Excellence Award, Actor in a Miniseries
Top 10 Stars
|The Girl Who Sees Smells||Won|
- "Seoul Police to Acquit Park Yoochun of 4 Sexual Assault Charges". Yibada.
- "K-pop star Park Yoochun facing multiple accusations of sexual assault". The Daily Dot.
- Kang, Cecilia (2006-11-26). "Riding the Seoul Train". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2009-02-27.
- "ko:[O2/집중분석] 동방신기 3인과 SM의 공생 해법은?". DongA News. 2010-10-19. Retrieved 2017-01-27.
- "ko: 박유천 졸업사진…옛된 외모 눈길". heraldcorp.com. 2012-03-26. Retrieved 2017-01-27.
- "Brothers Entertainment Official Website". Brothers Entertainment. Retrieved 2009-02-27.
- 東方神起新ユニット、デビュー作が初日首位. Oricon (in Japanese). Oricon Style. 2010-09-09.
- Lee, Woo-young (23 September 2010). "Three members of TVXQ face setback in Japan". The Korean Herald. Park Haeng-hwan.
- "JYJ kicks off their "JYJ World Tour Concert" in Thailand". allkpop. 2011-04-04.
- "Lee Yeon-hee and TVXQ is featured in Super Junior's third album". Moneytoday (in Korean). 2009-03-09. Retrieved 2009-03-09.
- "TVXQ, official Korean website album info page" (in Korean). Iple. Retrieved 2009-02-10.
- "Runaway/My Girlfriend (YUCHUN from TVXQ)" (in Japanese). Yahoo! Music Japan. Retrieved 2009-02-10.
- "TVXQ, Japan 25th Single 'Bolero' released on the 29th" (in Korean). Joins!. 29 January 2009. Retrieved 2009-02-10.
- "TVXQ T album interview" (in Japanese). Oricon. 2008-01-23. Retrieved 2009-02-10.
- "Hero Jaejoong and Micky Yoochun to participate in M-flo's album" (in Korean). Yonhap News. 5 August 2009. Retrieved 2009-08-09.
- "Retro Dance Queen Bae Seul Ki 'TVXQ Woman'". Hankooki (in Korean). 3 March 2006. Retrieved 2009-02-26.
- "TVXQ, Theater Actors". Star Money (in Korean). 7 July 2006. Retrieved 2009-02-26.
- "드라마 '성균관스캔들' 기자 간담회 열려". E-daily. 2010-07-15. Retrieved 2010-07-26.
- Park Yoochun changes more than just wardrobe for "Miss Ripley" 10Asia. May 17, 2011.
- Stewart Ho (25 September 2012). "JYJ Park Yoo Chun Set to Return to TV Drama With 'I Miss You'". enewsworld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 2013-01-04.
- 박유천 그랜드슬램, 연기 시작 3년 만에 지상파 신인상-우수상 휩쓸어…. W Star News / Nate (in Korean). SK Communications. 2 January 2013. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
- "South Korean Actor Choi Min-sik Wins Grand Prize at Baeksang Awards". The Hollywood Reporter. 2015-05-26. Retrieved 2015-08-23.
- "JYJ′s Park Yoo Chun Named Best New Actor at Blue Dragon Awards". MWAVE. 2014-12-17. Retrieved 2015-08-23.
- "Alleged victim #4 accuses Yoochun of sexual assault". AllKpop.
- "K-pop star Park Yoochun facing multiple accusations of sexual assault". The Daily Dot.
- crystalcove (2016-06-14). "Breaking: Charges Of Sexual Assault Reportedly Dropped, Park Yoochun’s Side Responds". Soompi. Retrieved 2016-08-23.
- "Park Yoochun Countersues Accuser For Blackmailing Him For $1 Million". 2016-06-26. Retrieved 2016-08-23.
- jun2yng (2016-07-04). "Park Yoochun Sues Second Accuser In Sexual Assault Case". Soompi. Retrieved 2016-08-23.
- Jun, R. (2017-01-16). "Park Yoochun’s Accuser Receives Prison Sentence For False Accusation And Blackmail". Soompi. Retrieved 2017-01-17.
- "Breaking: Park Yoochun Confirmed To Be Getting Married". Naver.
- "allkpop - Breaking K-pop news, videos, photos and celebrity gossip".
- Hong, Lucia Hyun Bin, Lee Byung-hun win top prizes at Paeksang" 10 Asia. 27 May 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-10
- Hong, Lucia "Chinese series "Three Kingdoms" wins grand prize at Seoul Drama Awards" 10 Asia. 1 September 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-12
- "박유천·이기광·서현진·효민, MBC드라마대상 미니시리즈 男女신인상" [Park Yoochun, Lee Kikwang, Seo Hyeon Jin, Hyomin, MBC Drama Awards Mini Series Male and Female Newcomer Award Recipients]. Nate (in Korean). SK Communications. 30 November 2011. Retrieved 2011-12-31.
- Jo, Sin-yeong (26 April 2012). "'백상예술대상' 박유천 박신혜, TV부문 남녀 인기상 "팬들 감사해요~"" [JYJ's Yoo Chun and Park Shin Hye receive Most Popular Actor and Actress in TV Drama at PaekSang Arts Awards]. TV Report (in Korean). Retrieved 2012-04-27.
- JYJ's Yoo Chun at the center of the global festival Seoul Drama Awards
- "2012 SBS 연기대상 수상자 명단(종합)" [2012 SBS Drama Awards list of Winners]. Nate (in Korean). SK Communications. 1 January 2013. Retrieved 2013-01-01.
- "2012 MBC 연기대상 수상자 명단(종합)" [2012 MBC Drama Awards list of Winners]. Nate (in Korean). SK Communications. 31 December 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-31.
- 아시아는 '박유천 앓이'…亞 팬미팅투어, 1만7000 관객동원
- "네이트 뉴스".
- "박유천, 亞 팬미팅 성황리에 마무리...4개국 17000명 '열광'".
- 포털, Ⓒ 함께 만들고 함께 즐기는 엔터테인먼트; 무단전재, ‘이데일리 스타in’-; 금지, 재배포 (26 August 2012). "`행사장 밖도 북새통`..박유천 상하이팬미팅 성공".
- 박유천 아시아팬미팅 성료, 태국 팬들 열광 ‘박유천앓이’ 입증
- "- 박유천, 6월 팬미팅 시작으로 중국 팬들 만난다 텐아시아". 16 May 2014.
- "JYJ Yoochun's first solo fan meeting sells out in 15 minutes - allkpop.com".
- "JYJ's Yoochun to embark on a fanmeeting tour in China next month - allkpop.com".
- "박유천, '감각남녀' 출연 소감 "즐겁게 촬영에 임할 것"". 2 March 2015.
- "KPOP NEWS - JYJ Park Yu Chun′s Japan Fanmeeting Tour Poster Revealed - Mwave".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Park Yoo-Chun.|