|• Total||4.92 km2 (1.90 sq mi)|
|• Density||3,200/km2 (8,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Srikakulam|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Pathapatnam|
Pathapatnam is a town in Srikakulam district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is located in Pathapatnam mandal of Palakonda revenue division. Pathapatnam is located on the border of Srikakulam district of Andhra Pradesh and Gajapati district of Orissa. Parlakhemundi, the headquarters of Gajapati District, can be considered as twin town of Pathapatnam because of its close proximity. It is located around 65 km from srikakulam.
Pathapatnam is located at Vamsadhara River.It has an average elevation of 82 meters (272 feet). It is located on the banks of Mahendratanaya river which is a tributary of
Pathapatnam is a town located in Pathapatnam mandal of Srikakulam district, Andhra Pradesh with total 3797 families residing. The Pathapatnam village has population of 15954 of which 7919 are males while 8035 are females as per Population Census 2011.
In Pathapatnam village population of children with age 0-6 is 1468 which makes up 9.20 % of total population of village. Average Sex Ratio of Pathapatnam village is 1015 which is higher than Andhra Pradesh state average of 993. Child Sex Ratio for the Pathapatnam as per census is 955, higher than Andhra Pradesh average of 939.
Pathapatnam village has higher literacy rate compared to Andhra Pradesh. In 2011, literacy rate of Pathapatnam village was 78.57 % compared to 67.02 % of Andhra Pradesh. In Pathapatnam Male literacy stands at 85.24 % while female literacy rate was 72.04 %.
As per constitution of India and Panchyati Raaj Act, Pathapatnam village is administrated by Sarpanch (Head of Village) who is elected representative of village.
Pathapatnam can be reached by train via the Naupada-Gunupur branch line. The railway station is Pathapatnam (PHM) station of East Coast Railway Zone. It is connected to Howrah-Chennai main line.There are plenty of buses say every 15 minutes from district head quarters srikakulam
Pathapatnam is an assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh. There are 1,27,757 registered voters in this constituency in 1999 elections. It consists of 5 mandals.
List of Elected Members:
|Year||Winner Candidate||Party||Votes||Runner Candidate||Party||Votes||Margin (Majority)|
|2004||Kalamata Mohanrao||TDP||44,357||Gorle Haribabu Naidu||INC||42,293||2,064|
|2009||Satrucharla Vijaya Rama Raju||INC||58936||Kalamata Venkata Ramana||TDP||38146||20790|
- 1951 - Mandangi Pentananaidu
- 1967 - P. Gunnayya
- 1983 - Tota Tulasida Naidu
- 1985 - Dharmana Narayana Rao
- 1978, 1989, 1994, 1999 and 2004 - Kalamata Mohana Rao
- 2009 - Satrucharla Vijaya Rama Raju
- for the first time an educationist got nearly 1200 votes as a representative of a professional and high ideological party, loksatta.
- "District Census Handbook – Srikakulam" (PDF). Census of India. The Registrar General & Census Commissioner. pp. 26, 158. Retrieved 13 May 2016.
- "Mandal wise list of villages in Srikakulam district" (PDF). Chief Commissioner of Land Administration. National Informatics Centre. Archived from the original (PDF) on 8 December 2014. Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- Election Commission of India-1978-2004 results-Patapatnam