This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|System||Diesel (Electrification in progress)|
|Termini||Nizamabad Railway Station|
Peddapalli Railway Station
|Opened||25 March 2017|
|Operator(s)||South Central Railway Zone (India)|
|Line length||177 km|
|Track gauge||Broad gauge 1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
Peddapalli-Nizamabad section is a single-track broad gauge railway line in the Indian state of Telangana. It connects Nizamabad and Peddapalli in South Central Railway zone. It reduces the distance between Nizamabad, Karimnagar and Warangal. Peddapalli is located on Kazipet-Balharshah section of Delhi-Chennai line, known as Grand Trunk line and Nizamabad is located on Secunderabad-Manmad Line.
Peddapalli-Karimnagar-Nizamabad railway line (177 km) was sanctioned by the Late Shri.P.V. Narasimha Rao who was the 10th Prime Minister of India in the year of 1993. It took 23 years to be completed in a phased manner.
The section between Peddapalli and Karimnagar was completed and train services were started in 2001. It took another 6 years to complete the stretch between Karimnagar and Jagityal and passenger trains were extended till Jagityal from 2007. On 29 December 2016 upon the completion of railway tracks between Jagityal and Morthad, the demu trains were further extended till Morthad mandal of Nizamabad district and passenger trains began moving between Karimnagar-Morthad and Peddapalli-Jagityal. After the fund allocation for the remaining section between Morthad and Nizamabad, the works were accelerated and within a year the Peddapalli-Nizamabad line via Karimnagar was ready for operations and the services began from 25 March 2017.
- Peddapalli Junction (PDPL)
- Sultanabad (STBD)
- Karimnagar (KRMR)
- Kothapalli(haveli) (KPHI)
- Gangadhara (GDRA)
- Podur (PUDR)
- Mallial Nukapalli (NPML)
- Medipalli (MDPLI)
- Korutla (KRLA)
- Morthad (MRTD)
- Anksapur (AKSP)
- Armoor (ARMR)
- Mamidipalle (MMDPL)
- Nizamabad Junction (NZB)
Single line electrification is sanctioned between Peddapalli and Lingampet Jagityal section (83 km) under Phase 1 Construction.
- Karimnagar-Tirupati-Karimnagar Super Fast Express (12762/12761)
- Kacheguda- Karimnagar- Kacheguda PASS (57601/02)
- Karimnagar-Sirpur Town-Karimnagar DEMU (77255/77256)
- Karimnagar-Lingampet Jagityal-Karimnagar DEMU (77274/77273)
- Peddapalli-Lingampet Jagityal-Peddapalli DEMU (77258/77257)
- Nizamabad-Karimnagar-Nizamabad DEMU (77260/77259)
- "Surveys" (PDF). South Central Railway, Indian Railways. 24 July 2015. p. 1. Retrieved 3 May 2019.
- "P V Narasimha Rao's projects in North Telangana neglected". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 30 August 2014.
- "Peddapalli-Nizamabad rail services soon". The Hindu. Retrieved 30 August 2014.