|Traded as||NASDAQ: PERI, TASE: PERI|
|Founder||Yaron Adler, Ofer Adler|
Doron Gerstel (CEO)|
Maoz Sigron (CFO)
Mike Glover (GM)
Michael Pallad (President)
|Products||CodeFuel, Undertone, MakeMeReach, Smilebox, Incredimail|
|Revenue||US$330.75 million (2014)|
|US$55.29 million (2014)|
|US$42.82 million (2014)|
Number of employees
|400 (as of April 30, 2015)|
Perion is an Israel-based ad-tech company providing engagement and monetization applications for web and mobile based digital businesses. Their headquarters are in Holon, Israel, with offices in San Francisco, New York City, Boston, Chicago, Washington DC, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Milan, Hamburg, Düsseldorf, Paris and Barcelona.
Perion was formerly IncrediMail, an email company founded in 1999 by cousins Yaron and Ofer Adler. Soon after its founding, they raised $3.3 million from private and institutional sources and IPOed on NASDAQ in January 2006. They listed on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange in 2007.
Perion was managed by its original founders until August 2010, when Josef Mandelbaum was appointed CEO. Mandelbaum had previously been CEO of American Greetings Interactive, the internet branch of American Greetings. In August 2011 Perion acquired the Redmond-based Smilebox for $32 million. Smilebox is an application for creating slideshows and other digital photo albums.
In November 2011 they changed the company name to Perion, the Hebrew word for productivity. In November 2012 Perion purchased Israel-based SweetPacks (aka SweetIM) for approximately $41 million. SweetPacks produced a variety of downloadable content for everyday use. In January 2014, they acquired Conduit’s ClientConnect business in an all-stock transaction valued at $660 million.
In June 2014, the firm acquired San Francisco based GrowMobile. In February 2015, it acquired Paris-based MakeMeReach - a social media advertising platform. After their move to Holon, Perion Network incorporated CSR policies into their corporate strategy. 2% of its net profits is donated and all employees are permitted to spend up to 40 hours per year volunteering in the community.
In December 2015, the firm acquired the digital advertising company Undertone for $180 million. In January 2017, it announced the appointment of new CEO Doron Gerstel, effective April 2017, followed by the announcement of Josef Mandelbaum stepping down from the company.
Undertone provides cross-screen and digital ad experiences. CodeFuel provides search syndication. MakeMeReach is a social media marketing tool to As mobile and desktop apps are IncrediMail, an email program and Smilebox, a desktop and mobile app for customizing and animating photos.
- "Perion Announces Departure of Ophir Yakovian; Vice President of Finance Maoz Sigron Appointed as New CFO". Retrieved 2018-02-06.
- "Perion Appoints Mike Glover, Former President of Infospace, as General Manager of Search Business Unit". Retrieved 2017-07-05.
- "Perion moves closer to mobile ad tech with new acquisition". The Times of Israel. Retrieved 2017-06-06.
- "Perion Network Ltd".New York Times
- "Perion to Participate in ad:tech San Francisco 2015".New York Times. Retrieved May 19, 2015
- "IncrediMail - Israel's incredible story". www.jpost.com. Retrieved 2017-06-06.
- "TASE Site - Company: PERION NETWORK - Summary - Share: PERION NETWORK 01095819".
- "Josef Mandelbaum Joins IncrediMail as Chief Executive Officer". Business Wire. Retrieved July 7, 2010
- "Smilebox to be acquired by IncrediMail for up to $40 million". Aislyn Greene, Puget Sound Business Journal. Retrieved August 1, 2011
- "IncrediMail Buys Online Photo Album And Slideshow Creator Smilebox For Up To $40 Million". Robin Wauters, Tech Crunch. Retrieved August 1, 2011
- "SweetPacks Acquisition Call".Nasdaq. Retrieved November 8, 2012
- "Holy Emoticons Batman! — Perion Network Acquires SweetPacks For $41M". Mike Butcher, Tech Crunch. Retrieved November 8, 2012
- Editorial, Reuters. "Israel's Perion buys mobile advertising firm Grow Mobile". Reuters UK. Retrieved 2017-06-06.
- "Perion extends Microsoft deal, ups mobile business".David Shamah, Times of Israel. Retrieved August 1, 2014
- "Perion moves closer to mobile ad tech with new acquisition".David Shamah, Times of Israel. Retrieved February 12, 2015
- "Perion in CR push following merger".Ethical Performance
- "Ad tech firm Perion buys Undertone for $180 million in cash". Reuters. 1 December 2015.
- "Perion's 'Undertone' Division Announces Collaboration with The Associated Press for 'First-To-Market' Opportunity on Top 25 Sports Poll" (PDF).
- "Perion Networks names Doron Gerstel CEO - Globes English". Globes (in Hebrew). Retrieved 2017-06-06.
- "MikiKolko, Perion, Analytics, Mobile Marketing, Israel".India goes digital- Videos