Regal Princess (2014)
Regal Princess' maiden voyage
|Port of registry:||Hamilton, Bermuda|
|Builder:||Fincantieri, Monfalcone, Italy|
|Laid down:||28 August 2012|
|Launched:||26 March 2013|
|Maiden voyage:||20 May 2014|
|Class and type:||Royal-class cruise ship|
|Length:||330 m (1,083 ft)|
|Beam:||38.27 m (126 ft)|
|Height:||66 m (217 ft)|
|Draft:||8.57 m (28 ft)|
MS Regal Princess is a Royal-class cruise ship operated by Princess Cruises. Regal Princess, as well as her sister ship Royal Princess, were ordered on 17 February 2010. The final contract was signed on 4 May 2010. She was delivered to Princess Cruises on 11 May 2014 in a ceremony at the Fincantieri shipyard in Monfalcone, Italy. In attendance were the Prime Minister of Italy Matteo Renzi and the President of Princess Cruises Jan Swartz.
Construction of Regal Princess began August 2012 at the Fincantieri shipyard in Monfalcone where the ship's keel was laid. Her float-out ceremony was conducted on 26 March 2013 and she was floated free from the builder's dry dock on 29 March 2013 then moored alongside the outfitting pier where construction continued.
Regal Princess successfully completed her sea trials in the Adriatic Sea from 16–21 April 2014 and conducted a 4-night pre-inaugural cruise 16–20 May 2014 from Trieste, Italy to Kotor, Montenegro prior to her maiden voyage which departed Venice, Italy on 20 May 2014.
Regal Princess had her inaugural season in the Mediterranean before departing Venice on 17 October 2014 when she headed for Fort Lauderdale, Florida, arriving 3 November 2014. She had her official naming ceremony in Fort Lauderdale in the presence of the six main stars of the television series The Love Boat. Regal Princess then took up her inaugural winter season of seven-night eastern Caribbean cruises with port stops at Princess Cays, St. Thomas, and Saint Martin.
Regal Princess's amenities include two public areas extending over the side of the ship on the top deck, the SeaWalk and SeaView Bar, the largest ever Princess Cruises Movies Under the Stars, an expanded atrium, a new small aft pool area, and numerous casual dining options.
- "Regal Princess (9584724)". Ships In Class. Lloyd's Register. Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- "Carnival Corp. Finalizes Contracts for Two New Princess Ships". Cruise Industry News. 4 May 2010. Archived from the original on 21 October 2011. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- Sloan, Gene. "New cruise ships for 2014: Regal Princess". USA Today. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- "The next major milestone in construction occurred on 20 October 2011, when the ship's keel was laid". Maritimematters.com. 2013-03-27. Retrieved 2013-04-06.
- "Regal Princess – Arriving June 2014! : Princess Cruises". Princess.com. Retrieved 2013-04-06.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Regal Princess.|
- Official website
- "Regal Princess: Sister to 'Kate Middleton's ship' may be the bridesmaid but she's still so impressive" – review by John Honeywell, aka Captain Greybeard, in the Daily Mirror
- "The Love Boat" cast christens latest Princess Cruises ship - MSN News (retrieved 2014-11-09)