Tiger Lake (microarchitecture)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Architecture and classification|
|Instructions||x86-64, Intel 64|
|Predecessor||Ice Lake (Architecture)|
|Successor||Sapphire Rapids (unknown)|
Tiger Lake is an Intel CPU microarchitecture based on the third-generation 10 nm process node (named "10nm++"). It will replace Ice Lake. It's representing the Optimization step in Intel's Process-Architecture-Optimization model
- Intel Willow Cove CPU cores (big core design).
- The performance of Willow Cove is forecasted to be up to 30% increase clock for clock compare to Sunny Cove.
- L1 instruction cache increase to 48KiB (12 way associativity, up from 32KiB) and data cache remain 48KiB (12 way associativity), L2 cache increase to 1.25MiB per core (20 way associativity, up from 512KiB 8 way associativity), 3MiB L3 cache per core.
- L1 cache line increase to 128 bytes (up from 64 bytes since the Pentium 4 era), L2/L3 cache line increase to 256 bytes (up from 128 bytes since Core 2 Duo release)
- Instruction fetch line increase from 16 bytes to 32 bytes, increase instruction decoder up to six (up from 4 way decoding since Core 2 Duo).
- L4 cache will be reintroduced with HBM technology on some mobile model SKU and size can be up to 2GB.
- Desktop SKU will have separate PCI Express controller design and move it back to its Platform Controller Hub (PCH).
- Intel Xe ("Gen12") GPU with up to 96 execution units
- Latest Display Technology
- Next Gen I/O Technology
- PCIe Gen 4 Support
- "Intel Webcast Event | 2019 Intel Investor Meeting: The Transformation of the PC Sector". Intel Webcast Events. May 8, 2019. Retrieved 2019-05-19.
- Intel teases its Ice Lake & Tiger Lake family, 10nm for 2018 and 2019
- "2019 Intel Investor Meeting: The Transformation of the PC Sector" (PDF). 2019 Intel Investor Meeting. May 8, 2019. p. 11. Retrieved 2019-05-19.
- "Intel roadmap confirms 10nm 'Tiger Lake' chip with Xe graphics, more Ice Lake and Lakefield details". PCWorld. 2019-05-09. Retrieved 2019-05-19.
- Compute Performance of Intel® Genuine Intel® CPU 0000 with Graphics gfx-driver-user-master-28576 ReleaseInternal
|This computer hardware article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|