|Doctor Who book|
|Series||Eighth Doctor Adventures|
|Writer||Jonathan Blum and Kate Orman|
|Set between||Before The Bodysnatchers|
|Release date||July 1997|
Vampire Science is the second novel in the BBC Books series, the Eighth Doctor Adventures, based upon the BBC's long-running science fiction television series, Doctor Who. It was written by Jonathan Blum and Kate Orman.
An ancient Time Lord enemy, 'vampires', have been spotted on earth. Some of these creatures want to co-exist with humanity, but others want to cause destruction.
- The book was originally intended to feature the character of Grace Holloway from the 1996 Doctor Who television movie, but late in the day the authors were told that rights to the character were not available. The role was changed to that of Carolyn in the final novel.
- General Kramer previously appeared in a fan film that starred Jon Blum as The Doctor.
- References are made to the Seventh Doctor and Ace.
- Vampire Science at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Cloister Library - Vampire Science
- Vampire Science at The TARDIS Library
- Vampire Science title listing at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Vampire Science reviews at Outpost Gallifrey
- Vampire Science reviews at The Doctor Who Ratings Guide
- The Whoniverse's review on Vampire Science
|This article about a 1990s science fiction novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|