Wikipedia:WikiProject Women in Red/Meetup/161
Dance | April 2020
2020 global initiatives:
|Hello! and welcome to WikiProject Women in Red (WiR), whose objective is to turn red links into blue ones. Our project's scope is women's biographies and women's works, broadly construed. Did you know that, according to WHGI, only 18.27% of the English Wikipedia's biographies are about women? Not impressed? Content gender gap is a form of systemic bias, and this is what WiR addresses. We invite you to participate, whenever you like, in whatever way suits you and your schedule.|
Women in Red warmly welcomes you!
1–30 April 2020
|Use social media to promote our work!|
|Wiki Women in Red|
|April 2020 events|
|Add to articles|
|Add to article talk pages|
This April, Women in Red is once again focusing on women in dance.
Anyone can take part in this event. We hope both inexperienced and seasoned editors will join us in creating biographies and other articles about women in dance, as well as their achievements, writings, organizations, and awards. This virtual editathon allows enthusiasts wherever they may be to participate in our initiative. Contributors are of course also welcome to add articles on any other notable women who deserve to be covered, for example under our #1day1woman priority.
The main goals of the event are:
- to encourage inexperienced editors and show them how they can contribute to Wikipedia by creating biographies of some of the world's most prominent women
- to draw the attention of more experienced editors to the need for concerted action on a specific area
- to support Wikipedia in combating the systemic bias against the coverage of women and women's works
- to promote the new/improved articles and images through social media (Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter)
- Below, you'll see a section where you can list the articles you create this month, and another section where you can add the images you have uploaded to Commons.
- This essay on creating women's biographies and our Ten Simple Rules might be helpful to newer editors.
- If you tweet about any of the articles, or upload any of the images to Pinterest, please indicate you have done so next to the article name.
A wide variety of redlink lists can be found on our Redlist index. Those relating to dance are listed below:
Add other red links here, if possible with a source:
Promote our work
- Add FB after the article if you mention it on Facebook
- Add PIN after the article if you pin the image on Pinterest
- Add TW after the article if you tweet it on Twitter
New or upgraded articles
Most recent on top, please, specifying upgraded if not new
- Gisela Taglicht -destub, img, PIN
- Ellinor Tordis - PIN
- Chinita Ullmann
- Anny Fligg -PIN
- Gypsy Snider
- Sonia Revid -PIN
- Irene Vera Young - PIN
- Sara Mazo Kuniyoshi
- Gertrude Barrison - PIN
- Sara Mildred Strauss - PIN
Did You Know features
- Add here – most recent at the top with date of publication
- Please add this category to the image if you're uploading it to Commons: Media supported by WikiProject Women in Red - 2020
Add here – most recent at the top