Yerevan Computer Research and Development Institute
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Field of research
|Director||Arsen Taroyan, General Director|
The Yerevan Computer Research and Development Institute (YCRDI) (Armenian: Երևանի մաթեմատիկական մեքենաների գիտահետազոտական ինստիտուտ (ԵրՄՄԳՀԻ) (Yerevani mat'ematikakan mekenaneri gitahetazotakan institut (YerMMGHI))), is a scientific research institute and the pioneer of the IT and software industry in Armenia. It was founded by the government of USSR in 1956 in Yerevan for the development of computer equipment. It became a major centre for the development of computers and automatic control systems for civil and defense purposes.
At the beginning of the 1990s, the institute employed over 7,000 staff.
YCRDI is specializing in the design and implementation of complex management information systems. YCRDI is an ISO 9000 certified company.
Portfolio includes the following products:
- Measurement and control system used at various utility distribution networks, such as electrical, natural gas, water, and thermal energy, for measurement, control, and management purposes;
- Communication security systems implemented at a number of government agencies and commercial banks;
- Management information systems used by social security, health care, pension, and other government agencies and organizations;
- Optical character recognition and text-to-speech systems.
Yerevan Computer Research and Development Institute has extensive experience[peacock term]in the design, development, and implementation of large computerized systems, software and hardware solutions for radio electronics industry, specialized systems, and customized software products.
- History of creation of electronic computers - Third generation
- Brief history of YCRDI
- Nairi line of computers