2014 in Denmark
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events from the year 2014 in Denmark.
- 6–10 May – Copenhagen hosts the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest, which is won by Austria.
- 25 May – The European Parliament election was held.
- 1–8 August – Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and their children pay an official visit to Greenland.
- 7 March – C. F. Møller Architects' refurbishment of Aalborg Waterfront, Henning Larsen Architects' Roskilde Campus and Vartorv Square in Copenhagen receive Civic Trust Awards
- 15 May – BIG's Danish Maritime Museum and underground multi-purpose hall for Gammel Hellerup Gymnasium receive Architizer A+ Awards at a ceremony in NYC.
- 16 January – The Hunt is nominated in the category Best Foreign Language Film at the 86th Academy Awards.
- 2 March – Danish short film Helium wins the award of Best Live Action Short Film at the 86th Academy Awards.
- 8 March – Basim wins Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2014 and will represent Denmark in the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 with the song "Cliche Love Song".
- 12–26 January – Denmark hosts the 2014 European Men's Handball Championship.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2014)|
- 2 January – Countess Anne Dorte of Rosenborg, royal (born 1947)
- 5 January – Mogens E. Pedersen, journalist (born 1928)
- 9 February – Gabriel Axel, film director, actor, writer and producer (born 1918)
- 13 February – Richard Møller Nielsen, football player and manager (born 1937)
- 15 March – Jesper Langballe, Lutheran priest and politician (born 1939)
- 5 April – Poul Erik Bech, football manager (born 1938)
- 30 May – Henning Carlsen, film director, screenwriter and producer (born 1927)
- 5 July – Søsser Krag, daughter of actress Helle Virkner and former prime minister Jens Otto Krag (born 1962)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2014 in Denmark.|