|Aziz Akhenouch in Marrakesh 2011|
|Minister of Economy and Finance
23 August 2013
|Prime Minister||Abdelilah Benkirane|
|Preceded by||Nizar Baraka|
|Minister of Agriculture|
|Prime Minister||Abbas El Fassi
|Political party||National Rally of Independents (RNI) 2007-2012
Independent since 2 January 2012
|Alma mater||Université de Sherbrooke|
He is the CEO of Akwa Group, a Moroccan conglomerate particularly active in the oil and gas sector. Forbes estimates his net worth as $1.4 billion as of November 2013. Akhannouch inherited Akwa from his father.
He was a member of the National Rally of Independents Party, before leaving it on 2 January 2012 On 23 August 2013 he was appointed by King Mohammed VI as interim Minister of Finance on an interim basis after Istiqlal ministers resigned from Benkirane's cabinet, a position he kept until 9 October 2013.
He is married to Salwa Idrissi, a businesswoman who owns a company active in malls and holds the Moroccan franchises for brands such as Gap, Zara and Galeries Lafayette. The couple has three children.
- TELQUEL. "Parcours : Les success stories du souss". Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- "Aziz Akhannouch & family". Forbes. Retrieved 17 November 2013.
- Youness SAAD ALAMI (2011-09-27). "Agriculture solidaire: Le coup de pouce d’Akhannouch Entretien avec le ministre de l'Agriculture et de la Pêche maritime". Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- ALLAFRICA (9 September 2011). "Morocco: Gov't Advocates Comparative Advantages Benefiting Agricultural Countries in International Markets". Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- Biography at the ministry of agriculture official website
- Official website of the Moroccan ministry of agriculture
|This article about a Moroccan politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|