||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (July 2012)|
|Type||Satellite & Cable
|Country||United Kingdom, United States, Israel|
|Owner||Owned by several Angel Charities globally. Worldwide broadcast licence is held by Angel Christian Television Trust Inc|
|Launch date||1995: Christian Channel Europe
2002: God TV
God TV was started by Rory Alec and Wendy Alec in the UK in 1995. It now operates via regional offices in the USA, UK, Germany, Norway, India, South Africa, Kenya and Australia and a transmission centre in Israel.
God TV claims a viewership exceeding half a billion people. Its mission statement is "With a servant's heart we will equip His Body to reach the lost through media. This ministry exists to enable every television household to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ so that they may believe in Him, call upon His name, and be saved."
According to its website God TV is owned by several Angel Charities internationally; its worldwide broadcast license is held by Angel Christian Television Trust Inc., a US not-for-profit corporation; and its charities adhere to the UK Evangelical Alliance Basis of Faith.
God TV commenced broadcasting in the United Kingdom on 1 October 1995 as the Christian Channel Europe and became Europe’s first daily faith-oriented network. It began in Rory & Wendy Alec's home in London, broadcasting one hour a day, but grew to seven hours, then 24-hours.
In 1997 The Independent newspaper described Rory and Wendy Alec as "the new faces of religious broadcasting." and the name of the network changed to the God Channel. In 2002 it became known as God TV and its broadcast headquarters moved to Israel. Since then the network has expanded worldwide.
God TV features Christian leaders such as TD Jakes, Angus Buchan, Andrew Wommack, Mike Pilavachi, Joyce Meyer, Mike Bickle, Brian Houston, Creflo Dollar, John Hagee, Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Rick Joyner, Chuck Missler, Sam P. Chelladurai, John Kilpatrick, Nathan Morris (evangelist), Todd Bentley, Matthew Ashimolowo, J John, Joseph Prince and Canon Andrew White. Many new and emerging voices are also featured.
Some of these speakers have been criticised for teaching a "Gospel of Prosperity" and their finances have been scrutinized by US and UK government agencies. For example, Benny Hinn and Joseph Prince. While God TV espouses some laudable causes, as described below, it has been accused of being 'a Zionist front organisation' due to its airing of pro-Israel speakers and its location in Jerusalem.
God TV's 24-hour schedule is the same worldwide, time-shifted per region: with some local programming. The network can be watched in different ways depending on country - via satellite, cable, IPTV, terrestrial transmission, on the Internet or via mobile phone.
Much of God TV's programming caters for youth.  with live broadcasts from teen events such as Acquire the Fire, Soul Survivor (charity) and Live Audacious, and concerts featuring bands like Delirious? (disbanded in 2009), Leeland and Switchfoot.
God TV in the USA
Glorystar Christian Satellite also includes God TV in its channel bouquet. (channel 102). It is also distributed on Galaxy 19 (97W) in the USA, Canada, Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean.
God TV can be watched in certain US cities via cable.
About 20 million American homes can presently access God TV in North America.
God TV launched in Orlando, Florida in 2012, when it became available on channel 55.2 via digital terrestrial transmission. As part of the Orlando launch, the Bay Revival on Tour was broadcast from Calvary Assembly of God in Winter Park with John Kilpatrick, Nathan Morris and Lydia Marrow.
God TV has offices in Kansas City, Missouri and Orlando, Florida.
God TV in Europe
The Angel Foundation is God TV's registered charity in the UK and is regulated by the Charity Commission for England and Wales. Based at Angel House in Sunderland, England, the Angel Foundation states that it is committed to "the advancement of the Christian religion and education, and the relief of poverty, distress and sickness."  As of 2010[update] God TV was "potentially available to up to 14 million homes in the UK".
God TV's programming has won awards from the UK Christian Broadcasting Council, including Best Live Event Programme in 2011 for Angus Buchan's Mighty Men Event  and Best Youth Programme for Soul Survivor Extra.
Some European networks carry God TV in their satellite and cable television packages in Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Malta, the Netherlands and Scandinavia. The channel is also available through P2PTV service Zattoo. God TV has a European Regional Office in Hamburg, Germany and a Nordic Regional Office in Tønsberg, Norway.
The Nordic office hosted a large-scale event in December 2013, Winter Celebration, with Andrew Wommack, Nathan Morris and Roy Fields. Following this Rory and Wendy Alec announced in January 2013 that they would build a 'Revival Centre' in Plymouth. GOD TV later signed a 25 year lease for the Boulevard building in Union Street, Plymouth, a disused former cinema and nightclub, which has sparked some criticism.
God TV in Africa
God TV became available via satellite throughout in Africa in 2002  It is available in Southern Africa via the public bouquet of DSTV and can be watched on the TOP TV satellite platform in South Africa. In December 2011 an agreement was concluded for the terrestrial transmission of God TV in Kenya on KISS TV.
God TV has an Africa office in Cape Town and an East Africa office in Nairobi, Kenya.
In December 2011 God TV hosted its first major Christmas production, entitled 'Christmas With God TV' which was recorded in Cape Town and broadcast globally.
God TV in the Middle East
God TV has broadcast from Israel since 2001.
The network hosts tours to Israel which include visiting Bible sites and staging events that are broadcast worldwide. The largest tour to date was in 2008 with 1,800 tour goers who attended 'A Celebration of Israel's 60th Anniversary'. Held at the Davidson Center alongside the Western Wall in the Old City, this was attended by both Jewish and Christian guests.
In 2009 God TV partnered with the Jewish National Fund (JNF) US$500,000 to plant trees on land said to be inhabited by Bedouin tribes in Israel's Negev region. A coalition of Jewish and Arab human rights groups denounced the project, accusing God TV and the JNF of teaming up to force the Bedouin out of the area to make way for Jewish communities.
God TV has broadcast a 'Middle East Special' focusing on the work of Canon Andrew White, who is known as "the Vicar of Baghdad." The author of the book 'Faith Under Fire' he leads St George's Church in Iraq which God TV supports monthly helping it to provide food for beleaguered Christians and Muslims in this war-torn city.
God TV in Asia
God TV launched in Asia in 2002. The network can be viewed by cable in cities across India; Indian Television.com includes God TV in its list of "best-known spiritual channels." Local programming includes Indian evangelist Sam P. Chelladurai. God TV's Asia and the Middle East regional office is in Chennai, India.
God TV is also available in Sri Lanka where it has an office in Colombo. Three million viewers can watch GOD TV via cable in Pakistan and it is also on cable in the Mountain Kingdom of Nepal.
God TV in Australasia
God TV launched in Australia and New Zealand in 2005  and can be watched on the Optus D2 satellite. God TV's office for this region is situated in Melbourne. God TV launched in the South Sea nation of Vanuatu in 2013.
Through its network of Angel charities, God TV supports humanitarian projects internationally. God TV assists children in South Africa through the Jesus Cares Feeding initiative, a project in Rustenburg headed by Cliff and Andre Scott. God TV also and cares for HIV/AIDS orphans by supporting Kondanani Children's Village in Malawi, founded by Annie Chikhwaza. It supports an orphanage in Sri Lanka and the International Children's Mission in Kenya.
A major recipient of aid from God TV is the The Foundation for Reconciliation and Relief in the Middle East and St George's Church in Baghdad, led by Andrew White, which was the beneficiary of funds given by God TV following its Middle East Special.
In the UK God TV supports Mercy Ministries, a charity supporting young women suffering from abuse.
A target of God TV's humanitarian work is to provide clean water in arid regions of Africa (Kenya and Tanzania) where it has drilled water wells. A community 'Life Center' has also been built in Tanzania in conjunction with Pat Boone.
- "Mission Statement". God TV.
- Linde, Steve. "Live from Jerusalem, it's God TV!", The Jerusalem Post, Jerusalem, 26 May 2007.
- GOD TV: donate page
- Linde, Steve. 'Live from Jerusalem, it's God TV!' - "God TV's "global transmission center" in Jerusalem beams up satellite feeds of "a new breed of Christian broadcasting" to some 200 nations and territories 24 hours a day, claiming a potential viewership of up to half a billion people.", The Jerusalem Post, Jerusalem, 26 May 2007.
- Popham, Peter. 'Putting the Spirit in the Sky' - "Two young charismatic Christians have come out of nowhere and... enabled the televangelists to get a foot inside British television's door. Their names are Rory and Wendy Alec… Their baby is Christian Channel Europe, and it is the first dedicated Christian channel to cover the continent of Europe.", The Independent on Sunday, London, 1 October 1995.
- McCann, Paul. "Rory and Wendy Bring God up to date", The Independent, London, 2 December 1997.
- New World Schedule' God TV
- 'God TV to broadcast Global Day of Prayer live', Christianity Today 25 May 2009.
- 'God TV, Musicians Partner Against Human Trafficking', Dakota Voice, 29 January 2009.
- 'Benefit Concert strikes water for Africa' - "Angel Mission Benefit Concert raises funds to drill wells in Kenya as water gushes LIVE from a drilling rig on God TV", Angel Mission, 2009.
- '30 Emerging Voices' - "The Alecs... produce programs that are hip and sophisticated for younger viewers who can't stomach most other religious programming. Unless other broadcasters figure out a way to reconnect with younger viewers, it is likely that God TV's debut in the United States will send channel surfers in the Alecs' direction.", Charisma (magazine), Lake Mary, FL, 31 July 2005.
- 'God TV Tops 20 Million Homes in the USA' - "Global Christian broadcaster expands its distribution base to several key cities."
- 'God TV Tops 20 Million Homes in the USA', Christian Newswire, 20 July 2009
- 'God TV: What would Jesus watch?'- "God TV, a global Christian broadcasting network, today announces that viewers throughout Central Florida can now watch the network on channel 55.2."
- Boone, Pat 'Living What We Believe', WorldNetDaily, July 31, 2010.
- 'Angel Foundation, the' Charities Direct.com
- [http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/business-diary-krugman-sticks-it-to-the-fed-2050081.html 'Where to hear the word of God', The Independent Business Diary, Thursday, 12 August 2010.
- 'Excellent directing from God TV. A very special production with excellent teaching from Angus.' CBC Media Awards, Best Live Event Programme, Angus Buchan's Mighty Men Event, Gold, The Christian Broadcasting Council of the UK, London
- 'A different way to produce a major youth event... exciting, vibrant and beyond the norm.' CBC Media Awards, Best Youth Programme, Soul Survivor Extra, Gold, The Christian Broadcasting Council of the UK, London
- "God TV, la télévision évangéliste, propose une programmation basée sur la foi et la lecture de la Bible. Leur objectif : inviter un milliard d'âmes à assister à des conférences, des débats, de l'enseignement religieux. Aider à mieux vivre sa foi, voilà l'objectif de God TV."
- 'CHRISTLICHES TV IN DEUTSCHLAND'
- Carew, Douglas. 'Switch on to God TV - a heavenly new channel' - "South Africans now have satellite access to a TV station named after God, after God TV hit the country's television airwaves"., Cape Argus, Cape Town, 31 May 2002 .
- 'TOP TV'
- - "Yesterday saw the conclusion of an agreement between Kiss TV and the world's biggest christian broadcaster, God TV... We have come to an agreement with Kiss TV to broadcast only the best content from God TV. Kiss viewers will watch God TV between 5-9 am every morning."
- 'God TV to air Angus Buchan men's conference', Christianity Today 23 April 2009
- 'Christian Television World First for God TV' - "America's newest Christian network, God TV today announced that it will be screening world-renowned Evangelist, Reinhard Bonnke’s latest mass crusade – LIVE from West Africa to the USA and across the globe next week", 25 May 2007.
- 'God TV will air footage of its Christmas event, which was pre-recorded in Cape Town, South Africa. Some of South Africa’s finest musicians will be shown during their on-stage performances. The Cape Philharmonic Orchestra, joined by these artists, will be performing jazz renditions of Silent Night, Jingle Bells and Oh Holy Night. - "Our Christmas concert in Cape Town blessed all who attended and will touch even more lives when it is broadcast globally on God TV. This is the first time we've done a Christmas production on a large scale and judging from the response from the audience, viewers are going to love it!"said Rory Alec, one of the founding fathers of God TV.
- 'Thousands Gather for God TV Israel Tour', Christianity Today 2 November 2007.
- 'Jesus Recruited: God-TV Helps Israel Oust Bedouin.' - "Half a million trees planted over the past 18 months on the ancestral lands of Bedouin tribes in Israel's Negev region were bought by a controversial Christian evangelical television channel that calls itself God-TV.", Palestine Chronicle, 28 December 2010.
- Pherwanieema, Sseema. 'Indiantelevision.com Special Report' "There are millions of viewers across the country seeking salvation via the tube. In an angst driven and time-pressed society, viewers are lapping up the best of what the spiritual channels have to offer. A few years ago, there were just a few of them… Now there are many more - there is Aastha, Sanskar, Sadhana, Jagran, God TV , Miraclenet and QTV, to name the better known ones.", 4 June 2005.
- 'God TV debuts in China' - "For the past four years, global Christian broadcaster God TV has been steadily making inroads into the Far East with daily broadcasts in Hong Kong. But now, in an unprecedented development, millions in China can access God TV's mix of Christian programming 24-hours-a-day."., Christianity Today 20 October 2008.
- "This video was made by us for God TV to showcase the effect God TV has had in the country of India. We have used a concept of a map in 3d, where the protagonist walks through the country as such and points to different locations explaining the reach and progress God TV has made in that area."
- 'Free Christian Satellite TV - Australia and NZ'
- - 'FREE CHRISTIAN SATELLITE TV - Australia and NZ'
- 'God TV Celebrates 10 Years in Africa' - "God TV also has a strong charitable outreach in other African nations. In South Africa it helps feed hundreds of school children daily through Jesus Cares Ministries and it supports Kondanani Children's Village in Malawi, a country of one million orphans. It has assisted with a hydro-electric water project in Zambia and the drilling of several wells to provide clean water to desperate villagers in arid areas of Kenya and Tanzania." Faith That Inspires Action - Posted by Rev. Robert A. Crutchfield.
- 'God TV Focuses on the Middle East' - "The God TV family will also be praying for the people of the Middle East and extending a hand of compassion by giving a portion of the funds raised through the broadcasts to the persecuted congregation of St Georges Church in Baghdad, Iraq. God TV regularly supports these Iraqi believers who are making a bold stand for Christ, and Rory Alec led a God TV team to Iraq in May to bring viewers an update on how they are making a difference in people's lives in this war-torn country." Christian Newswire, June 7, 2011
- 'God TV Brings Christian Values to Millions' - "I’ve been participating in a fabulous project mounted by God TV, the worldwide satellite Christian channel... They’ve launched a gigantic program called “Cape Town to Cairo,” a beautifully conceived plan to drill deep freshwater wells up and down the whole continent of Africa, where people by the millions are languishing without clean water." Pat Boone, Newsmax, Monday, 2 Aug 2010,