Google Developer Day
|Google Developer Day|
Google Developer Day logo
|Organised by||organised by Google|
Google Developer Day was a one-day web developer-focused events around the world held annually by Google. They include seminars and codelabs focused on building of web, mobile, and enterprise applications with Google and open web technologies such as Android, HTML5, Chrome, App Engine, Google Web Toolkit and give participants an excellent chance to learn about Google developer products as well as meet the engineers who work on them.
It has been held five times to date:
- Google Developer Day 2007: in Mountain View, California, USA, Sao Paulo, Brazil, London, United Kingdom, Paris, France, Madrid, Spain, Hamburg, Germany, Moscow, Russia, Tokyo, Japan, Sydney, Australia, and Beijing, China.
- Google Developer Day 2008: June 10 in Yokohama, Japan, June 12 in Beijing, China, June 14 in Taipei, Taiwan, June 18 in Sydney, Australia, June 23 in Mexico City, Mexico, June 27 in Sao Paulo, Brazil, September 16 in London, England, September 18 in Paris, France, September 23 in Munich, Germany, September 25 in Madrid, Spain, Oct 18 in Bangalore, India, Oct 21 in Milan, Italy, Oct 24 in Prague, Czech, Oct 28 in Moscow, Russia, Nov 2 in Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Google Developer Day 2009: June 5 in Beijing, China, June 9 in Yokohama, Japan, June 29 in Sao Paulo, Brazil, Nov 6 in Prague, Czech Republic, Nov 10 in Moscow, Russia.
- Google Developer Day 2010: September 28 in Tokyo, Japan, Oct 29 in Sao Paulo, Brazil, Nov 9 in Munich, Germany, Nov 12 in Moscow, Russia, and Nov 16 in Prague, Czech Republic.
- Google Developer Day 2011: September 16 in Sao Paulo, Brazil, September 19–20 in Buenos Aires, Argentina, Oct 10 in Moscow, Russia, Oct 18 in Prague, Czech Republic, Nov 1 in Tokyo, Japan, Nov 8 in Sydney, Australia, Nov 13 in Tel-Aviv, Israel, Nov 19 in Berlin, Germany.
Developer Days are a marketing technique used by Google to launch new products and introduce customers to innovations often presenting these in the form of games. It also seeks to encourage the participation of software developers and to attract developers who can improve web applications. A stated company goal is to "cultivate a better relationship with programmers, particularly those on the cutting edge of mashup development, a relatively new style of application development that combines information from different Web sites." Such developer programs are becoming a common feature of how companies promote Web applications and are used by Amazon, eBay, Microsoft and Yahoo. In fact, Yahoo was a pioneer in the introduction developer days with its Hack Day in autumn 2006.
- 2007: The first ever Developer Day event took place in Sydney, Australia to be followed by 9 other international locations. It provided talks and demonstrations for Gears, Web toolkit, Geo, Mapplets together with a YouTube API session writeup.
- 2008: Google unveiled its HTC android phone. It also included presentations on Chrome, AJAX and the Web Toolkit and demos for various applications such as Gears.
- 2014: Google was the first company to release a smart watch (beating apple to the launch at its annual Development Day in San Francisco.
This is a major Developer Day event which will present Google games and the latest innovations. Google product managers will be available to deliver technical advice and the agenda includes:
- Growth Hacking with Play Games
- Engaging Your Entire Community
- Making Money on Google Play: Best Practices in Monetization
- Grow Your Game Revenue with AdMob
- Okay Glass, Play a Game
- The Next Level of In-game Advertising
- From Players to Customers: Tracking Revenue with Google Analytics
- Take Your Users to the Next Level
- Build Games that Scale in the Cloud
- Looking to the Future
- From Box2D to Liquid Fun: Just Add Water-like Particles!
- Bringing the Power of YouTube to your Games
- Google Developer Day 2007
- Google Developer Day 2008
- Google Developer Day 2009
- Google Developer Day 2010
- Google Developer Day 2011