|IATA: IXK – ICAO: VAKS|
|Operator||Airports Authority of India|
|Serves||Junagadh / Veraval|
|Location||Keshod, Gujarat, India|
|Elevation AMSL||167 ft / 51 m|
Keshod Airport (IATA: IXK, ICAO: VAKS) (Gujarati: કેશોદ વિમાનમથક) is a public airport located in Keshod, in the state of Gujarat, India. It primarily serves the cities of Junagadh and Veraval and the surrounding region.
Keshod Airport was built by the Nawab of Junagadh, Mahabatkhanji III for his private use. The airport was refurbished and revived in the late 1980s to facilitate scheduled operations. The last airline to fly here was Jet Airways, which ceased flying to Keshod in 2000.
Airlines and destinations
No scheduled commercial air service at this time.
- Keshod (Junagarh) Airport at Airports Authority of India
- "Indian Air Farce". The Indian Express. 16 January 2005. Retrieved 4 February 2012.
- Airport information for VAKS at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for VAKS at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- Accident history for IXK: Keshod Airport at Aviation Safety Network