List of airports in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- City served – The city generally associated with the airport. This is not always the actual location since some airports are located in smaller towns outside of the city they serve.
- ICAO – The location indicator assigned by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). ICAO indicator: VA – West Zone, VE – East Zone, VI – North Zone, VO – South Zone
- IATA – The airport code assigned by the International Air Transport Association (IATA).
- Category – Category of the airport as defined by Airports Authority of India as per the table below
- Role – Role of the airport as given by the table below
|Customs||Airports with customs checking and clearance facilities handling international flights but not elevated to International Airport status.|
|Domestic||Handles domestic flights|
|Future||Project proposed or under construction|
|International||Handles international flights|
|Private||Private airport for specific purposes|
|Civil enclave||Civil Enclaves in a Military Airport. Handles Commercial Flights|
|Closed||No longer in operation for Commercial Flights|
|Commercial||Handles Commercial flights|
|Flying School||Airport used to train commercial and/or fighter pilots|
|Commercial service||Airport has commercial service|
|Airport has no commercial service|
- "Licenced Aerodromes in India" (PDF). Directorate General of Civil Aviation of India. 2008-11-10.
- Airports Authority of India website: AirportsIndia.org.in or AAI.aero
- "ICAO Location Indicators by State" (PDF). International Civil Aviation Organization. 2006-01-12.
- "UN Location Codes: India". UN/LOCODE 2009-1. UNECE. 2009-09-23. - includes IATA codes
- Great Circle Mapper - IATA and ICAO codes
- List of Indian Air Force Stations at GlobalSecurity.org
- PilotFriend - Indian Airstrips
- Rediff.com - India's 17 spectacular international airports