List of educational institutions in Kozhikode
Kozhikode pronunciation (help·info) (Malayalam: കോഴിക്കോട്), formerly known as Calicut, is the third largest city in the southern state of Kerala in India with a population of 436,556 (2001). It is the headquarters of Kozhikode district, and was formerly the capital of an independent kingdom, and later of the erstwhile Malabar District. This city is famous as the place where Vasco da Gama, the first European to sail directly from Europe (from Lisbon, Portugal) to India, landed in 1498.
Educational institutions in Kozhikode 
- Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode: One of the six Indian Institutes of Management, IIM Kozhikode's spectacular campus has earned it the epithet "God's Own Campus". (IIM Kozhikode Home Page)
- Calicut Medical College: One of the most prestigious medical institutions in India. The Institution recently made headlines by publishing the Calicut Medical Journal, the premier Open Access Medical Journal in India. Under Calicut Medical College there are two more medical institutes, Government Dental College and Government College of Nursing. (Calicut Medical College).
- National Institute of Technology Calicut (NIT): One of the most renowned engineering institutions in India. Formerly known as Regional Engineering College (REC) and was formerly affiliated to University of Calicut, it is now an Institute of National Importance like IITs, AIIMS. (National Institute of Technology Calicut Home Page)
- Calicut University Institute of Engineering and Technology (CUIET): The engineering institution directly under the University of Calicut.
- Government Engineering College (GEC), Kozhikode: It is one among the prestigious engineering institutions under the department of Technical Education, Kerala. GEC has been rated consistently among the top technical institutes in kerala, with students admitted purely on the basis of merit.(Government Engineering College (GEC), Kozhikode Home Page)
- Government Polytechnic College : This is the first polytechnic college in Kerala. Established by madhrass Gvt: on 1942. At that time this is known as industrial school. The 3 year Diploma course's available ara Mechanical engineering, Tool & Die engineering, Electrical & electronic engineering, civil engineering, Computer technology, & chemical engineering. this is affiliated to Board of technical examinations, Kerala. website : www.kgptc.org
- Government Dental College
- Malabar Christian College: One of the most renowned co-ed institutions in the city. It is affiliated to the University of Calicut and accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), and offers a variety of degree and post graduate courses in various streams. The college also offers some enrichment courses in personality development, German translation, copy writing and editing, computers, etc.
- Zamorin's Guruvayurappan College: One of the oldest colleges in the country, founded by Zamorins of Calicut in 1877. This co-ed college offers under graduate and post graduate courses in a variety of streams. The college is affiliated to the University of Calicut and is accredited by NAAC. (Zamorin's Guruvayurappan College).
- St. Joseph's College, Devagiri: A prestigious arts and science college, accredited by the NAAC with a grade A. Apart from regular under graduate and post graduate courses in various streams, DOEACC courses, self financing courses (affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala), and ICWAI foundation course are also conducted.
- Farook College, Calicut: The only College in the University of Calicut to be recognised as a Center of Excellence by the UGC and accredited at 5 star level by NAAC.
- Rouzathul Uloom Arabic College: The first Post Graduate Arabic College in Kerala included under Section 2(f) & 12B by the UGC, New Delhi (www.ruacollege.org).
- Government Arts and Science College: The college is affiliated to the University of Calicut and is accredited by the NAAC. This is a co-ed college offering under graduate and post graduate courses in various streams.
- Providence Women's College: The most sought-after women's educational institute in the city, this college is affiliated to the University of Calicut and is accredited by NAAC. The college offers under graduate and post graduate courses in various streams apart from a list of UGC approved add-on and certificate programs.
- Government Law College Calicut: The Government Law College, Calicut is affiliated to the University of Calicut, and is approved by The Bar Council of India. The College offers LL.B. and LL.M. courses. It was the first law college for the entire northern part of Kerala State.
- Co-Operative Institute of Technology Vatakara - Engineering College under CAPE (Co-operative Academy of Professional Education)
- KMCT Medical College, Mukkam
- Malabar Medical College, Atholi
- M Dasan Institute of Technology ,Ulliyeri
- KMCT Dental College, Mukkam
- Government College of Teacher Education
- Sree Narayana Guru College, Chelannur
- KMCT College of Engineering Manassery
- KMCT College of Engineering for Women
- AWH Engineering College Kuttikattor
- Vedavyasa Institute of Technology
- AWH Polytechnic College
- KMCT Polytechnic College
- JDT Islam College Vellimadukunnu
- IHRD College Thiruvambady
- Markaz College Karanthur
- Govt college, Mokeri
- Govt college, Kodencheri
- Excellenge Institute of Engineering Feroke, Kozhikode
Following are among the major Schools in Kozhikode:
- Vedvistara school, Puthiyara
- Spring Valley School, NIT
- St. Joseph's Boys' Higher Secondary School, Calicut: A school that has a history of 214 years.
- Chinmaya Vidyalaya, Kozhikode, Thondayadu
- Govt. Ganapath High School for Boys, Chalappuram
- Infant Jesus Thiruvambady
- Technical HSS Thamarassery
- Sacred Heart HSS Thiruvambady