Education in Chhattisgarh
One of the newly formed states in India, Chhattisgarh covers an area of 135,194 km2. It was recognized as a state on 1 November 2000. The education scenario in Chhattisgarh is not very remarkable as it lacks proper educational infrastructure. However, the state government has launched several programs for enhancing the academic scenario of the state. The overall growth in the literacy rate has been possible due to the persistent efforts of the state government. According to the 2001 census report, Chhattisgarh had a literacy rate of 65.18% which included male and female literacy rate of 77.86% and 52.40% respectively. Special importance is given to the education of women and students belonging to the underprivileged section of the society. The capital city Raipur is the main center of higher education in Chhattisgarh. It houses some of the most important departments of education in the state.
Most of the children in the state generally attend 3 years of Montessori school before joining 1st standard in the school. The schools in Chhattisgarh follow the same 10+2 pattern of education like the other union territories and states in India. One can come across both private and state-run schools in Chhattisgarh. The government run schools are mostly affiliated to the Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education. Students can also join schools affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE).
In the state-run schools Hindi is generally the medium of instruction while English is preferred by most of the private schools. Jain International School, Adarsh Vidya Mandir, Gyanganga Educational Academy, Delhi Public School, Kaanger Valley Academy, Bhartiya Sanskriti Higher Secondary School and Salem English School are some of the popular schools in Chhattisgarh. Under Raipur District total 508 including RMSA school .Dr. R. Bambra is deo raipur
Chhattisgarh houses some of the best centers of higher learning which provides courses in various disciplines. There are thirteen universities in the state and are as follows:
- Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University, Bhilai,
- Indira Gandhi Agricultural University, Raipur,
- Guru Ghasidas University, Bilaspur,
- Indira Kala Sangeet University, Khairagarh,
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur,
- Kushabhau Thakre Patrakarita Avam Jansanchar University, Raipur
- Pandit Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur
- Pandit Sundarlal Sharma (Open) University Chhattisgarh, Bilaspur
- Sarguja University Ambikapur
- Bastar University Jagdalpur
- Ayush & Health Science University, Raipur
- Dr. C.V. Raman University, (CVRU), Bilaspur
- MATS University, Raipur
Most of the colleges and institutions in the state are affiliated to any of these government recognized universities. The colleges in Chhattisgarh offer various courses in architecture, engineering, biotechnology, dental science, law, hotel management, medical, physiotherapy, mass communication, nursing, veterinary science and management.
- chhattisgarhstudy.com : Features: Listing, News, Notes, Comments, Question & Answer
- cgeportal.com : Feature: Listing, Notes
- chhattisgarhstudy.net : Features: Listing
- Chhattisgarhedu : Features: Listings, News, Notes