Education in Uttarakhand
|Department of Education|
|Primary languages||Hindi, English|
|System type||Federal, state, private|
|April 1, 2010|
Education in Uttarakhand is provided by a large number of public and private institutions.Uttarakhand had a long tradition of learning and culture.
In Uttarakhand there are 15,331 primary schools with 1,040,139 students and 22,118 working teachers (Year 2011). Literacy rate of the state was 79.63% with 88.33% literacy for males and 70.70% literacy for females. The language of instruction in the schools is either English or Hindi.
There are mainly Government and Private Schools & Institutions including Primary Schools, High Schools, Inter college, Degree College and Technical Institutions. The main school affiliations are CBSE, CISCE or the State Government syllabus defined by the Department of Education of the Government of Uttarakhand.
There are many notable schools and institutions in Uttarakhand. Few are below..
Engineering College and Institute :-
- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies
- National Institute of Technology Uttarakhand
- G. B. Pant Engineering College, Pauri Garhwal
- G. B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology
- Bipin Chandra Tripathi Kumaon Engineering College
- "Literacy rate in Uttarakhand". uk.gov.in.