|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Malleshwara (Kannada: ಮಲ್ಲೇಶ್ವರ) is a north-western district of Bengaluru city. It developed as a suburb during the great plague of 1898, which caused many people to move out from the city center. It derives its name from the Kaadu Malleshwara temple.
H. V. Nanjundaiah is credited with the founding of Malleshwara, and 6th main road is named after him. The neighborhood of Malleshwara hosts people from all walks of life. Nobel laureates (C.V. Raman), renowned scientists (Krishnaswamy Kasturirangan), and world champions (Prakash Padukone) live or lived here, so did many writers, scholars, musicians (Doraiswamy Iyengar), film stars (SarojaDevi), and educators (M.P.L.Shastry). 
The ward is characterized by mixed demographics, sustaining a substantial middle class, upper middle class, and elite residential areas. The middle and lower class populations live to the east of Malleswaram, while the elite residential areas are on the west. The lanes are designed with horizontal, north-south roads called main roads, and east-west roads called cross-roads. Two of the major main roads are Sampige Road and Margosa Road. Sampige road begins at Swastik Junction and runs all the way to 18th cross. It caters to traffic/vehicle movement from Majestic/Kempegowda Bus Station towards Yeshwantpur. Margosa Road caters to the vehicle movements in the reverse direction, i.e., From Yeshwanthpur to Majestic. On the cross-roads, 8th cross road is the most famous street for all kinds of purchases from clothes to accessories to fruits, vegetables to flowers to eateries. The road is always buzzing with people and gains more significance during festivities where the entire road will be blocked for vehicular movement and would resemble a market with items pertaining to each festival being put up on sale. Another prominent landmark in Malleshwaram is the Indian Institute of Science.The World Trade Center (WTC) is near by to Malleshwaram.
Malleswaram is home to many institutions. Some of the noted schools/colleges are:
- Indian Institute of Science
- Bangalore Education Society (BES), 8th cross, 4th Main Road.
- B.P.Indian Public School, 10th cross, 4th Main Road.
- MES Kishore Kendra, 15th cross
- Sri Vidya Mandir Educational Society, 11th Cross, Malleswaram, Banglore 560003
- Malleswaram Ladies Association, 13th cross
- Himanshu Jyothi kala Peeta, Between 15th and 17th cross, 4th Main Road.
- Vidya Mandir, 11th cross
- Vivekananda PU College, 17th Cross, Dr.Rajkumar Road
- Government Boys High School, 18th Cross
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Malleswaram
- Cluny Convent, 13th cross
- Euro Kids - 13th Cross
- Kidzee - 12th Cross, 6th Main
- Nirmala Rani 18th Cross Malleshwaram West
- Thirumala Vidya Niketan English Medium School, G.D. Park Extension, 15th cross
- Vyalikaval Educational Society School, 18th cross Gayathri Devi Park Extension
- Inox Movies, Mantri Square
- PVR Cinemas, Orion Mall
- Natraj Theater, Swastik Junction
- Sampige Theater, Next to Mantri Square
- Savitha Mini theater, Behind Sampige Theater
- Cauvery Theater
Malleswaram has 2 malls in its vicinity.
- Mantri Square on Sampige Road entrance at Swastik Junction. (Close to Swastik Metro Station)
- Orion Mall on Dr.Rajkumar Road, Near Vivekananda PU College, 17th Cross Malleswaram. (Close to Soap Factory Metro Station)
Seva Sadan, 14th cross, near MLA college
Malleswaram is home to a large Hindu population. It has a vivid mix of other religions too.
- Venugopala Krishnaswamy Temple, 11th cross
- Kadu Malleswara Temple, Temple Street, 13th cross
- Nandi Theertha Temple, Opposite Kadu Malleswara Temple, Temple Street
- Lakshmi Narasimhaswamy Temple, Next to Kadu Malleswara Temple, Temple Street
- Gangamma Temple, Next to Kadu Malleswara Temple, Temple Street
- Sai Baba Temple, 15th Cross, Sampige Road
- Kannika Parameshwari – 8th Cross
- Ganesha – 8th Cross, Near Market
- Raghavendra Swamy Mutt, 8th cross, Near Market
- Dattatreya Temple, Guttahalli Main Road
- Raghavendra Mutt, Near Dattatreya Temple, 6th cross, SP Extn
- Uttarayana Mandira, 6th cross, SP Extn
- Gangamma Temple, Kodandaramapura
- TTD Temple, Near Chowdiah Hall, 16th cross
- Circle Maramma Temple, Maramma Circle, 18th Cross
Malleshwaram is well connected by the Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation. Direct buses are available to Malleshwaram from
Use the website http://www.mybmtc.com/ to get specific bus route numbers plying to and from Malleswaram.
There is also a small Railway station. All trains originating from Bangalore City Railway station and going towards North pass through Malleswaram.
The Bengaluru Metro stop for Malleswaram is located at the Swastik Junction adjacent to Mantri Mall.
- Halli Mane- 3rd Cross Malleswaram
- Bhagyalakshmi Gulkhand – Sampige Road, near Malleswaram Circle 
- Central Tiffin Room (CTR)/ Sri Sagar – 7th Cross, Opposite Malleswaram Play Ground
- Janatha Hotel – 8th Cross
- Asha Sweets – Sampige Road
- Asha Food Camp - 10th cross, Temple Road
- Suchi Ruchi - 10th cross, Temple Road
- Veena Stores – 16th Cross
- Eat-Out – 15th Cross, near MES College
- Adigas – 15th Cross Sampige Road
- Pizza Corner, 15th cross Sampige Road
- Dominos, 5th cross, Near Malleswaram Circle
- Rasa Hejje - Authentic Malnad Dishes, 1st floor, 1st cross, Malleswaram
- Rasa Timber - North Indian Food+Drinks, 2nd floor, 1st cross, Malleswaram
- Rasa Shish - Tandoor, mughlai & continental cuisines, Drinks, DJ - Roof Top, 1st cross, Malleswaram
- Al-Bek, 1st cross, Malleswaram
- Maiyas, 11th cross
||Yeshwanthpur||Yeshwanthpur||Tata Institute/CV Raman Road|
|Mahalakshmi Layout||Sadashiv Nagar|
|Malleshwara Railway Station||Sampige Road||Vyalikaval|
- "Malleswaram Bangalore PinCode". citypincode.in. Retrieved 2014-03-15.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Malleswaram.|