|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||KA 05|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Bangalore South|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Padmanabhanagar, Bangalore South|
Kumaraswamy Layout was formed in the late 1980s by the BDA. This area under BBMP is recently seeing development.This is one the rapidly growing areas in Bangalore.This makes it one of the most conservative places to live in Bangalore. It has a substantial population of long-term, mostly Kannada-speaking residents.
- Kumaraswamy Layout is divided into 2 stages, with the 1st stage being the largest.
- Geological Survey of India is located in this area.
- Kumaraswamy layout is also an educational hub surrounded by many colleges and institutions. The prominent ones being Dayananda sagar Institutions,Delhi Public school South,Alpine School.
- The area has many parks. All are maintained by the BDA. However until recently the parks were not as well developed as other parks in the city. The park near 15E bus stand is like a mini forest because of its length and extensive tree cover.
- Atma Darshan Yogashram, the southern branch of the Bihar School Of Yoga is located in Kumaraswamy Layout (Opp Dayananda Sagar College).
- Many art, dance and music classes are located here such as Sankula Theatre Institute which provides professional training in Acting, Singing, Bharatanatyam, Instruments such as Keyboard, Guitar, Veena etc. and also conducts acting workshops, summer camps, stage shows, drama shows, conducted by Ninasam trained Ashok Nittur and famous Music Director and Composer Ismail Gonal.
- Famous Dayananda Sagar Engineering College is located here.
- The famous Metro wholesale shopping mall is located close to kumaraswamy layout
- The area is home to eminent Kannada writers like Sri Jayanta Kaykini, Sri A.N.Prahlada Rao and Sri B.S.Keshava Rao. The late Vyasaraya Ballal, another famous Kannada writer, also lived here.
- All major shopping areas like Jayanagar 4th block and Gandhi Bazaar are very close by.
- Thereare so many temples in kumaraswamy layout which are very nice,and the college gave one nice flavour to the area.
- Famous hospital group SAGAR Hospitals also have opened their branch in Kumaraswamy layout which adds up little more weightage to the area.
Areas under Kumaraswamy layout
- ISRO Layout- It is an 83-acre (336,000 m2) planned residential area formed in the mid-1980s by ISRO for their employees. The area is managed by Space Employees Cooperative Housing Society. This area is also known as Vikram Nagar, after the Indian space scientist, Vikram Sarabhai. The development of ISRO layout acted as a catalyst and had a cascading effect and led to the forming of other areas around the layout.
- Vasanthapura-It is a legendary village, just 12 km away from the City. The village is located on a small hillock with an ancient, quaint temple dedicated to Vasantha Vallabharayaswamy. Legend has it that sage Mandavya once disappeared from his ashram situated on the banks of the Ganges. His disciples were highly perturbed at the absence of their guru. They made a frantic search over the dales and hills. Finally, they located the rishi meditating in a cave in Vasanthapura.
- Ilyas Nagar- A Muslim majority area, this area houses the famous Jamia Masjid and the Army Salvation Church.
- Yalachenahalli- A very fast developing area in Bangalore.
- Bikasipura- Industrial Area. Houses Khoday's Breweries and Metro.
- V V Nagar
- Kanaka Nagar
- Minhaj Nagar
- JHBCS (Jarganahalli Housing Board Cooperative Society) Layout (Kanaka Gruha)
- Teacher's Colony- An upper middle class sublocality. Divided into 2 stages, 1st stage is in Kumaraswamy Layout and 2nd stage is in Banashankari 2nd stage.
- Eshwara Nagar- One of ISRO's offices is located here.
- Bendre Nagar
- Gowdanapalya - Also, a very fast developing area in Bangalore.
- Naidu Layout
- Devarakere Extension- Part of ISRO Layout, located near Devarakere.
- Kailash Nagar
- Siddanna Layout
- Prasanti Nagar
- Chandra Nagar
- Nanjappa Layout
- Krishna Devaraya Nagar
- Harsha Layout
- Kashi Nagar
- Nanjappa Layout
- Sharasa Nagar
- Vallabhai Layout
- Prathibha Industrial Estate
- Anuradha Industrial Estate
- Jayachamarajendra Industrial Estate
- Maruti Nagar
- Umarbagh Layout
- Lingegowda Colony
The area is easily accessible by Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) buses.Kumaraswamy Layout 2nd Stage is a sub Locality in Jayanagar Locality in Bangalore. Kumaraswamy Layout 2nd Stage is 8.46 K.M distance from Kempegowda Bus Station ( Majestic Station )
- 15A,15C,15E,210A,210R,210X connects Kumaraswamy layout to KR market and Kempegowda Bus Station/Majestic.
- 13A,13C,210G,210Q connects Kumaraswamy layout to Shivajinagar