Open Water Diver
Open Water Diver is an entry-level full diver certification for scuba diving. Although different agencies use different names, similar entry-level courses are offered by all diving agencies and consist of a combination of knowledge development (theory), confined water dives (practical training) and open water dives (experience).
The "Open Water Diver" certification name is used by the Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI), Scuba Schools International (SSI), the National Academy of Scuba Educators (NASE) Worldwide, and the Sub-Aqua Association (SAA), which is recognised by the Confédération Mondiale des Activités Subaquatiques (CMAS) as a CMAS 1-star certification. The National Association of Underwater Instructors (NAUI) entry-level course is called Scuba Diver. The British Sub-Aqua Club (BSAC) calls its equivalent qualification 'Ocean Diver'.
- "Open Water Diver". PADI. 2008. Retrieved 2009-08-27.
- "Open Water Diver & Scuba Diver". SSI. 2013. Retrieved 2013-02-13.
- "Learn to Scuba, Scuba Diving and Scuba Lessons". NASE Worldwide. 2012. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- "SAA Qualifications". Sub-Aqua Association. 2009. Retrieved 2009-08-28.
- "Cross over guide" (pdf). Sub-Aqua Association. 2009-06-12. Retrieved 2009-08-28.
- "Diving Course Syllabus". British Sub-Aqua Club. 2009. Retrieved 2009-08-27.
|This diving-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|