|Headquarters||Culver City, California, USA|
|Key people||James Lassiter (Partner)
Will Smith (Partner)
Jada Pinkett Smith (Partner)
|Products||Motion pictures, Music, Home entertainment, Talent management, Television production|
Overbrook Entertainment is an American entertainment company based in Culver City, California, USA. The production company was started by partners James Lassiter and Will Smith between 1997 and 1999, about the same time the production for Wild Wild West (1999) was underway.
The name "Overbrook" is derived from Will Smith's neighborhood in West Philadelphia. The company produces music, films, and television shows. Smith claimed in a TV show to have started the company in order to serve as producer and find roles. He uses his role in the company to help unknown artists record music and also records music for some of his movies in Overbrook.
Film production company
- Wild Wild West (1999)
- Ali (2001)
- Showtime (2002) (uncredited)
- All of Us (2003)
- Saving Face (2004)
- I, Robot (2004)
- Hitch (2005/I)
- The Pursuit of Happyness (2006)
- ATL (2006)
- I Am Legend (2007)
- I Am Legend: Awakening - Story 3: Isolation (2007)
- The Secret Life of Bees (2008)
- Seven Pounds (2008)
- Lakeview Terrace (2008)
- Hancock (2008)
- The Human Contract (2008)
- The Karate Kid (2010)
- This Means War (2012)
- After Earth (2013)
- Annie (2014)
- Harold and the Purple Crayon (TBA)
- The 7th Commandment (2005) (DVD)
- "Overbrook Entertainment". Kftv.com.
- Rowles, Dustin (February 25, 2010). "Exclusive: Harold and the Purple Crayon Headed to the Big Screen". Pajiba. Retrieved August 13, 2011.
|This article about an American film distributor or production company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|