|Elevation||105 m (344 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Rudauli (Hindi: रुदौली, Urdu: رُدولی), popularly known as Rudauli Shareef (Hindi: रुदौली शरीफ़, Urdu: رُدولی شریف), is a city and a municipal board in Faizabad district in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh.
Rudauli is located at  It has an average elevation of 105 metres (344 feet)..
Rudauli is well connected by road and railway line. Almost all the trains going towards Lucknow or Delhi or going towards Bihar and Howrah stop here.The large high-tech highway project Lucknow-Ahyodhya highway has been completed and Unfortunately there is no bus service available from Rudauli to capital city even since long. The distance from Lucknow is 90 km; about 2 hours by railway and 3 hours by state transport. One has to step down at Bhelsar (भेलसर بھیلسر)(Coordinates: 26°46'51"N 81°45'11"E) to reach Rudauli by a 3 km internal road from Bhelsar.
As of 2001[update] India census, Rudauli had a population of 36,804. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Rudauli has an average literacy rate of 47%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 53%, and female literacy is 40%. In Rudauli, 17% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Rudauli has a large gold and silver ornaments market. There is a fruit and vegetable mandi, grain market and wholesale market.
Rudauli has modern banking facilities. Many Banks such as State Bank of India, Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, Bank of Baroda and Gramin Banks are situated in the main market area.Apart from that major private sector bank HDFC Bank Ltd. also has branch in Rudauli. Automatic teller machines can also be found here for the convenience of those also who have their account in private banks.
Even after Zamindari's abolition and decline of Taluqdarana system, it remained a center of Awadhi tahzeeb[clarification needed] with a touch of ‘Rudaulviyat’ and helped nourish the cultural supremacy that it acquired over the last couple of centuries. It has also been the favored designation of some of the famous Sufi saints of India. For that reason, it is popularly known as “Rudauli Sharif”. Urdu, which was at the heart of old tahzeeb of Awadh, also got its share of Rudauli in almost every genre of Urdu literature.
Rudauli has some architectural monuments that still draw people from all over the country. Chief among these are Husainiya Irshadia (Imambara) and Masjid Irshad Hussain, constructed by Chaudhary Irshad Husain in the Irshad Manzil complex. The present muttawalli of both the waqfs is Choudhary Syed Mohammad Husain Irshad Zaidi (Makki Mian). Masjid Khalil-ur-Rehman was constructed by Chaudhry Mohd Atiq Siddiqui.
- Dr. Syeda Kainat, Write many book in her research period two books are most popular in the world first is, THE REASON OF CREATION,Majuma of NAAT-E-PAK in English and Urdu and Second book is on APJ Abhul Kalam Former President and Scientist Autobiography The Wings of Fire translated in Urdu AAG KE PANKH.
- Ateeq Siddqui was a famous Urdu writer and politician.
- Khaliq Siddiqui, whao was a well known Urdu Writer, wrote the Tarana of Jamia Millia Islamia,
- Parwana Rudaulvi, real name Syed Meesam Tammar authored many books on religion, fiction and many other topics. Also the Anthem of Crescent Public School, Delhi was written by Parwana Rudaulvi
- Khan azmi Rudaulvi Authored and edited many books.
- Rudauli has the distinction of Poets from Rudauli writing the anthem of the two big universities of India, Aligarh Muslim University and Jamia Millia Islamia and Crescent School Delhi.
- Shah Moinuddin Ahmad Nadvi joined Daarul Musannifin, Azamgarh and became Editor and Publisher of Maarif and authored many books including Tareekh-e-Islam, Seerat-e-Sahaba, Islam Aur Arabi Tamaddun.
- Baqar Mahdi and Dr. Sharib Rudaulvi
- Chaudhary Mohammad Ali Rudaulvi, whose literary oeuvre is full of many different type of books, was a writer.
- Jafar Mahdi Razm, poet.
- Mohammad Haleem Ansari's work was published in Arabic journal Al-Hial published from Egypt. He translated many Arabic books including Al Attaqan Fi Uloomil Quran.
- Shah Shams Tabrez Ahmad Farooqui Urf Shammoo Miyan has written a book Zikre Haque and murattab by Shah Khalil Ahmad.
- Arif Mahmood, an Urdu writer known for his book ' Mein bhi hazir tha wahan" ' was born here.
Late Shakil Ur Rehman of Mohalla Poora Khan Rudauli, whose Paternal House is still known as 'Haveli' in Rudauli hails from a literary and a known family . Shakil ur Rehman who has been the News Editor of Qaumi Aawaz the leading Urdu daily of the country . He served for 18 years win this daily newspaper. He had also served Deccan Chronicle, Hyderabad, and then finally shifted to New Delhi where he started working as a free lance journalist. He wrote many articles in the leading news magazines of India mainly in India Today, Times Of India, Pratap Daily, and SPAN, a magazine published by American Center, New Delhi India.
Sufis Makhdoom Shaeikh Ahmad Abdul Haque Tosha Rudaulvi
Rudauli is the seat of famous Sufi saint Makhdoom Ahmad Abdul Huque Rudaulvi ( the main janasheen of Hazrat Shaikh Ahmad Abdul Haque is Shah Shams Tabrez Ahmad Farooqui Urf Shammoo Miyan Rudaulvi. Who is one of the pillars of Sabriya silsila. Sufi poet Abdul Quddus Gangohi was also born in Rudauli. Sheikh Safi, grand father of Abdul Quddus Gangohi and Sufi Syed Mohammed Saleh encestor of syeds of mohalla sufiana is also buried in Rudauli.
Fahad Mohammad son of Azaz Mohammad and Sabiha Azaz, who lives in London, UK with his family was one of the very few students who carried the Olympic Torch during the London 2012 Olympic Games Torch Relay. The family currently reside in Greenford, West London and are originally from Rudauli.
The family of Makki Mian is the most respected and educated family in the city of Rudauli. It consist of freedom fighters,doctors, engineers, army men and sailors. The most prominent among them are Dr. Zahirul Hasan Zaidi, who was the personal doctor of the Sabah Royal Family of Kuwait.He also worked in the maternity hospital Kuwait from 1972 to 1996. DR.Ali Mohd Zaidi who was ranked among the 50 best IITans from India.
Though it is not so much known a fact today but women of Rudauli were also ahead of their times and there were some highly educated women who should be remembered for their contributions. In this context, Hima (Daughter of Chaudhary Muhammad Ali) and his grand daughter Sarvat Zehra Rizvi,popularly known as Holo, (wife of Syed Mohd. Naqi Rizvi) who was the only one left behind in India, was a great source of information about Radauli, Safia Akhter and Hamida Salim(sisters of Majaz and Ansar Harwani), Safia Akhtar (mother of famous poet-activist of the day Javed Akhtar) and Safia Naumani (Mother of one of the finest English poet of his time Agha Shahid Ali) and Nayyara Hasan (Mother in law of jurist Tahir Mahmood) can be mentioned.
The other prominent citizen are from Dalmia family and the Mahdi family, who are associated with many businesses and known for their social harmony. Late Kashi Nath Dalmia was one of those persons who earned the repo of all through his humble and honest outlook towards the society.
Malik Ashraf Ali of notable Malik family founded the public school Awadh Montessori School. A portion of his ancestral home is now housing the school building.
The most famous and popular actor Naseeruddin Shah recently informed that he was born in Rudauli. He visited his birthplace along with his mother.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Rudauli
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.