ستا پور ضلع
|District of Uttar Pradesh|
Location of Sitapur district in Uttar Pradesh
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Sitapur, Misrikh, Dhaurahra, Mohanlalganj|
|• Total||4,222 km2 (1,630 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,100/km2 (2,700/sq mi)|
Sitapur District (Hindi: सीतापुर जिला, Urdu: ستا پور ضلع) is one of the districts of Uttar Pradesh state of India, with Sitapur town as the district headquarters. Sitapur district is a part of Lucknow division. This district covers an area of 5743 km². As of 2011, the total population of the district is 4,474,446.One of the Famous Village in Sitapur District is Kankari.
In 2006 the Ministry of Panchayati Raj named Sitapur one of the country's 250 most backward districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the 34 districts in Uttar Pradesh currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF).
The district is divided into six tehsils: Sitapur, Biswan, Mishrikh, Laharpur, Mahmoodabad and Sidhauli.
Sitapur has nine seats in Uttar Pradesh Vidhan Sabha. These nine constituencies are:
Sitapur is divided between four Lok Sabha seats:
- Sitapur Lok Sabha constituency includes Sitapur, Laharpur, Biswan, Sevata and Mahmoodabad Vidhan Sabha seats,
- Dhaurahra Lok Sabha constituency includes Maholi and Hargaon Vidhan Sabha seat from Sitapur district,
- Mohanlalganj Lok Sabha constituency includes Sidhauli Vidhan Sabha seat from Sitapur district,
- Misrikh Lok Sabha constituency includes Misrikh seat from Sitapur district.
According to the 2011 census Sitapur district has a population of 4,474,446, roughly equal to the nation of Croatia or the US state of Louisiana. This gives it a ranking of 38th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 779 inhabitants per square kilometre (2,020/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 23.62%. Sitapur has a sex ratio of 879 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 63.38%.
- Ministry of Panchayati Raj (September 8, 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme". National Institute of Rural Development. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Croatia 4,483,804 July 2011 est."
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-09-30. "Louisiana 4,533,372"
- M. Paul Lewis, ed. (2009). "Awadhi: A language of India". Ethnologue: Languages of the World (16th edition ed.). Dallas, Texas: SIL International. Retrieved 2011-09-28.
|Hardoi district||Bahraich district|
|Bara Banki district||Lucknow district|
|This Sitapur district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|