Ambedkar Nagar district
|Ambedkar Nagar district
अम्बेडकर नगर जिला
امبیڈکر نگر ضلع
|District of Uttar Pradesh|
Location of Ambedkar Nagar district in Uttar Pradesh
|Headquarters||Akbarpur, Ambedkar Nagar|
|Tehsils||Akbarpur, Tanda, Jalalpur, Rajesultanpur Alapur|
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Ambedkar Nagar and Sant Kabir Nagar (Rajesultanpur, Alapur, Kalilabad, Mehandawal)|
|• Assembly seats||Katehari, Akbarpur, Tanda, Jalalpur, Rajesultanpur|
|• Total||2,520 km2 (970 sq mi)|
|• Density||950/km2 (2,500/sq mi)|
|• Literacy||74.37 per cent|
|• Sex ratio||976|
|Major highways||National Highway 233A (India), National Highway 232 (India), National Highway 233B (India),National Highway 233 (India)|
Ambedkar Nagar district (Hindi: अंबेडकर नगर ज़िला, Urdu: امبیڈکر نگر ضلع) is a district in the Faizabad division. It was created on 29 September 1995 by the chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, Mayawati, and was named after architect of the Constitution of India, Bhimrao Ambedkar.
The total area of the district is 2520 km². Approximately 90% of the population lives in small farming villages. According to the OMMS database there are 3,955 villages in the Ambedkar Nagar District. Because of the dispersed nature of these small villages, the district is divided administratively into nine blocks: Akbarpur, Baskhari, Bhiti, Bhiyam, Tanduikala Rajesultanpur, Jalalpur, Katehari, Ramnager, and Tanda.
The city of Akbarpur is situated on the bank of the River Tons (Tamasa), which divides the city into the two parts Akbarpur and Shahzadpur, with the latter being the main commercial centre of the city. The Saryu River is the main river and is located at the northern boundary of the district. The Tanda, Tanduikala [Rajesultanpur], Ramnager and Baskhari blocks are located along this river and use its water for irrigation. Irrigation in the Baskhari block is also from Lake Devhat and the Rajesultanpur Lakes. Lake Darvan provides water in the Katehari block. The Akbarpur, Bhiti, Bhiyam, and Jalapur blocks depend upon smaller rivers and seasonal streams.
Ambedkar Nagar Nagar Panchayat and Nagar Palika
Ambedkar Nagar is noted for Tanda Terracotta. Major economic activities are power looms and farming. The district also has a thermal power station belonging to the NTPC. There is also a cement manufacturing plant belonging to the Jaypee Group (Jaypee Ayoudha Greeding). The district has one sugar factory called the Akbarpur Sugar Mill, which is situated near Mijhaura, about ten kilometres from the district headquarters. Many rice mills are present in Akbarpur. Akbarpur is a very important city and this is a very successful ariya. There is a power and distribution transformer manufacturing industry named Achal Electricals situated on Dostpur road.
In 2006 the Ministry of Panchayati Raj named Ambedkar Nagar one of the country's 250 most backward districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the 34 districts in Uttar Pradesh currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF).
According to the 2011 census Ambedkar Nagar district has a population of 2,398,709, roughly equal to the nation of Latvia or the US state of New Mexico. This gives it a ranking of 186th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 1,021 inhabitants per square kilometre (2,640/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 18.35%. Ambedkar Nagar has a sex ratio of 976 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 74.37%. Caste wise distribution of Ambedkar Nagar, distt, Akbarpur Parliamentary Constituency Lacs Thakur 1lac Brahmin 1.80 Kurmi. 2 Yadva. 1.80 Harijans 2.80 Bhar. .80 Thousands Kewat .90. Thousands Muslim 2.20 Baniya. 1.60 Others 1lac Total = 948000
There are a few government and government-aided colleges besides the privately managed schools and degree colleges. Notable institutes are BNKB PG College, Ramabai Government Women Post Graduate College, Akbarpur and SLJB PG College, Rajesultanpur, Ambedkar Nagar The other Government Degree College is in Rajesultanpur. The first law college of the district is Rajesh Pandey College of Law. J.B.I.C.Ramnagar, VJV College of Technology Ramnagar are among the most reputed colleges in the district. There are also some industrial training institutes like Pt. S.D.Pandey ITC, Jamunipur. One Govt. medical college in Saddarpur Tanda, SLJB PG College Rajesultanpur, GGIC Rajesultanpur And DAV College Rajesultanpur one Agriculture Engineering College, and a polytechnic institute has been founded in the district. Other higher education institutions include Manyawar Kanshiram Engineering College of Information Technology and Mahamaya Medical College and GSIC Rajesultanpur, ITI College Rajesultanpur, Chandra ITC Dhaurahara Sinjhauli (Akbarpur) and Sirsiya Group of college Rajesultanpur
Top Education College in Ambedkar Nagar
RAJKIYA ALLOPATHIC MEDICAL COLLEGE
- Manyawar Kanshiram Engineering College of Information Technology
- Ramabai Government Women Post Graduate College
- SLJB PG College
- Rajesultanpur Group of College
- RMRS PG College
The Ambedkar Nagar District is home to the shrine of Ashraf Jahangir Semnani in Kicchocha Sharif (Kichhauchha Sharif). At Shravan Kshetra an annual fair is held on Magh Purnima (February full Moon). Legend has it that Sravana Kumar was killed by King Dasharatha of Ramayana at Shravan Kshetra. Shiv Baba .And Most Town Rajesultanpur
Mahadev mandir is situated in Beedi Village, Rampur Sakarwari, which is 7 km on Dostpur Road from Akbarpur Rly Station.
- There is a devotee place Shiv Baba situated on Akbarpur to Khateri road. Lorepur is also well known for the fort of erstwhile Raja of Lorepur, now settled in Lucknow.
- Hanuman Mandir situated in Aniruddh Nagar, Benipur Village, 18 km West from Akbarpur and 10 km South from Katehri, Near Mijhaura, in Kathehri block.
Muharram Azadari is observed in the district. Amari is organized in the month of Safar here where Zaireen from nearby district comes to mourn the occasion of Karbala, Sham and Kufa. Rajesultanpur City Nearly Two Big Hindu Mandir
- Maa Gaytri Shakti Peeth (Vill:- Naryan Pur, P.o Rampur Sura Pur , Tanda Ambedkar nagar 224227)
- Shree Baram Baba Mandir Tanda Road Baram Nagar Rajesultanpur Ambedkar Nagar
- Baba Bharmchari Ji Kuti Bhartpur Rajesultanpur Ambedkar Nagar
- Maa Kalika Mandir Rajesharyarpur Rajesultanpur Ambedkar Nagar
- A very famous cinema hall is also there in baskhari Vijay Palace,manager-Vijay verma(mathur).
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (July 2014)|
- Ram Manohar Lohia was a great thinker and politician from Akbarpur
- Hari Om Pandey, Present member of parliament from BJP
- Vishal Verma (Ajay kumar), ex-MLC of ambedkar nagar and faizabad
- Syed Waheed Ashraf is a Sufi Poet and Scholar of Persian and Urdu languages hailing from Kichaucha Sharif in the Ambedkar Nagar district.
- DIG Samiulla Ansari from Rajesultanpur Ambedkarnagar up
Bus Station in Ambedkarnagar
- Akbarpur Bus Station is covered Malipur, Jalalpur, Jaitpur, Katehari, Faizabad, Kadipur, Dostpur, Sultanpur
- Tanda Bus Station is covered, Iitiftganj, Hajpura, Kedarnagar, Maya, Gosaiganj, Pura, Darshannagar, Davkali
- Rajesultanpur Bus Station is covered Jahageerganj, Haswar, Alapur, Mahrajganj, Buranpur, Atroliya, Kamhariyaghat, Azamgarh, Mau, Lalganj, Sraimeer
- OMMS Database of Census data for Ambedkarnagar District
- Ministry of Panchayati Raj (8 September 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme". National Institute of Rural Development. Retrieved 27 September 2014.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
Latvia 2,204,708 July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
New Mexico - 2,059,179