Tom and Jerry Tales
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (November 2012)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012)|
|Tom and Jerry Tales|
|Created by||Joseph Barbera
|Written by||Joseph Barbera
|Directed by||Davian Martinez
|Voices of||Don Brown
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||26 (whole)
78 (segments) (List of episodes)
|Executive producer(s)||Rob LaDuca|
|Running time||23 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Warner Bros. Animation|
|Original channel||The CW|
|Picture format||16:9 (Cropped to 4:3 in most television broadcasts)|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 5.1|
|Original run||September 23, 2006– March 22, 2008|
|Preceded by||Tom & Jerry Kids|
|Followed by||The Tom and Jerry Show|
|Related shows||Tom and Jerry|
Tom and Jerry Tales is an animated television series which began production in 2005 and premiered in the United States on September 23, 2006, and ended on March 22, 2008, on The CW. It is the fourth television show in the franchise that continues the chase and violence of the Oscar-winning cat and mouse duo and other characters since the first Tom and Jerry cartoon, Puss Gets the Boot. It is based on the famous cat and mouse, Tom and Jerry, and the cartoons in the 1940s, 1950s and 1960s.
- Don Brown as Tom Cat, Droopy (season 1)
- Samuel Vincent as Jerry Mouse
- Michael Donovan as Spike, Droopy (season 2)
- Colin Murdock as Butch
- Reece Thompson, later Chantal Strand as Nibbles
- Nicole Oliver as Mammy Two Shoes (named as 'Mrs Two Shoes' in Season 2, 'Cave 2 Feet' in Season 1)
- Tom Cat
- Jerry Mouse
- Mrs. Two Shoes
- Toodles Galore
In November 2006, a video game based on the show was released for the Nintendo DS and Game Boy Advance. The player plays as Jerry to get Tom in trouble. Many minor characters from the show make cameo appearances in the game such as the female robotic mouse from the short "Hi, Robot."
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume One was released on October 3, 2006. The episodes include: Ho Ho Horrors / Doggone Hill Hog / Northern Light Fish Fight / Way-Off Broadway / Egg Beats / Cry Uncle / Joy Riding Jokers / Cat Got Your Luggage? / City Dump Chumps / Tiger Cat / Feeding Time / Polar Peril. Released in the UK as Volume Four.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume Two was released on May 15, 2007. The episodes include: Octo Suave / Beach Bully Bingo / Treasure Map Scrap / Fire Breathing Tom Cat / Medieval Menace / The Itch / Digital Dilemma / Hi, Robot / Tomcat Jetpack / Piranha Be Loved (by You) / Spook House Mouse / Abracadumb. Released in the UK as Volume One.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume Three was released on December 4, 2007. The episodes include: Bats What I Like About the South / Fraidy Cat Scat / Tomb it May Concern / Cat Nebula / Martian Mice / Spaced Out Cat / Din-O-Sores / Freaky Tiki / Prehisterics / Destruction Junction / Battle of the Power Tools / Jackhammered Cat / Tin Cat of Tomorrow / Beefcake Tom / Tomcat Superstar. Released in the UK as Volume Two.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume Four was released on March 11, 2008. The episodes include: Zent Out of Shape / I Dream of Meanie / Which Witch / More Powers to You / Catch Me Though You Can't / Power Tom / Don't Bring Your Pet to School Day / Cat Show Catastrophe / The Cat Whisperer with Casper Lombardo / Adventures in Penguin Sitting / Cat of Prey / Jungle Love. Released in the UK as Volume Three.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume Five was released on August 12, 2008. The episodes include: Invasion of the Body Slammers / Monster Con / Over the River and Boo the Woods / Xtreme Trouble / A Life Less Guarded / Sasquashed / Summer Squashing / League of Cats / Little Big Mouse / Bend it Like Thomas / Endless Bummer / Game Set Match.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume Six was released on February 3, 2009. The episodes include: The Declaration of Independunce / Kitty Hawked / 24 Karat Kat / Hockey Schtick / Snow Brawl / Snow Mouse / DJ Jerry / Kitty Cat Blues / Flamenco Fiasco / You're Lion / Kangadoofus / Monkey Chow / Game of Mouse & Cat / Babysitting Blues / Catfish Follies.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: The Complete First Season, a two-disc set with the first thirteen episodes, was released on April 13, 2010. It was re-released on July 24, 2012 as part of Cartoon Network's 20th Anniversary.
All six volumes were later released in 2-packs.
- Official website
- Tom and Jerry Tales at the Internet Movie Database
- Tom and Jerry Tales at the Big Cartoon DataBase
- Volume Four DVD review