This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|1309 by topic|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1309 in poetry|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1309.|
- March 9 – Pope Clement V settles the papal seat in Avignon, following a visit.
- August 15 – The city of Rhodes surrenders to the forces of the Knights of St. John, completing their conquest of Rhodes. The knights establish their headquarters on the island, and rename themselves as the Knights of Rhodes.
- September 12 – Ferdinand IV of Castile captures the town of Gibraltar, in his campaign against the Emirate of Granada.
- The first known historical records are made, of the village of Lukáčovce, Slovakia.
- Alnwick Castle, Northumberland, is bought by the Percy Family, later Earls of Northumberland, in England.
- Date unknown
- Konrad of Megenberg (d. 1374)
- Aldona of Lithuania, queen consort of Poland (d. 1339)
- Leo IV, King of Armenia (d. 1341)
- April 10 – Elisabeth von Rapperswil, Swiss sovereign countess of Rapperswil (b. 1261)
- May 5 – Charles II of Naples
- date unknown – James of St. George, Savoyard military architect (b. 1230)