Shantanu Narayen at the Google I/O event held on June 27, 2012.
May 27, 1963 |
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
|Education||B.S., M.B.A, M.S.|
|Alma mater||Osmania University
University of California, Berkeley
Bowling Green State University
|Occupation||CEO of Adobe Systems|
|Board member of||Dell, Inc.
University of California at Berkeley
Shantanu Narayen (Telugu: శంతను నారాయణ్; born 27 May 1963) is an Indian American business executive and the CEO of Adobe Systems. Prior to this, he was the president and chief operating officer since 2005. He is also the president of the board of the Adobe Foundation.
He grew up in Hyderabad, India, the second son of a mother who taught American literature and a father who ran a plastics company. He went to Hyderabad Public School in Hyderabad. Narayen holds a Bachelor of Science in electronics engineering from Osmania University in India, a Master of Business Administration from the University of California, Berkeley, and a Master of Science in computer science from Bowling Green State University in Bowling Green, Ohio.
He started his career at Apple. After Apple, Narayen served as director of desktop and collaboration products for Silicon Graphics, then co-founded Pictra Inc. a company that pioneered the concept of digital photo sharing over the Internet.
Narayen joined Adobe in 1998 as a senior Vice-President of worldwide product research, was later promoted to executive vice president of worldwide products, and appointed to his current post in January 2005 at the age of 41.
He also serves on the board of Dell Inc. and the advisory board of the Haas School of Business, University of California at Berkeley.
Promotion to CEO
On November 12, 2007, Adobe Systems announced in a press release that Bruce Chizen would step down from his role as Chief Executive Officer effective December 1, to be replaced by Shantanu Narayen.
He was paid a total remuneration of $15.7 million in 2013. 
In 2009, Narayen was considered one of "The TopGun CEOs" by Brendan Wood International, an advisory agency.
In 2011, US President Barack Obama appointed him as a member of his Management Advisory Board.
- Cave, Andrew (August 14, 2010). "Adobe chief Shantanu Narayen believes he doesn't need Apple or the iPad". The Telegraph. Retrieved May 8, 2016.
- "Shantanu Narayen's house in Palo Alto, California (CA), US". Retrieved May 7, 2016.
- "Adobe’s Shantanu Narayen: India and Other Emerging Markets Are Going to Drive Trends in Software Evolution". Knowledge@Wharton. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
- "Ubiquitous Upside - Forbes.com". Forbes. 2008-06-16.
- "Shantanu Narayen | Adobe - Executive Profiles". Adobe. Retrieved 2015-08-11.
-  Archived May 14, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Adobe Names Shantanu Narayen Chief Executive Officer". Adobe. Retrieved 2007-11-12.
- "Shantanu Narayen: Executive Profile & Biography". BusinessWeek. McGraw-Hill. Retrieved 2009-08-17.
- "Shantanu Narayen Profile". Forbes.com (Forbes). Retrieved 2009-08-17.
- "17 highest paid ceos in tech". BusinessInsider. Retrieved 2014-08-05.
- Brendan Wood International Announces 24 TopGun CEOs in the US, Reuters.com
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shantanu Narayen.|