|Alma mater||Osmania University (BE)|
University of California, Berkeley (MBA)
Bowling Green State University (MS)
|Title||Chairman, President, and CEO of Adobe Inc.|
|Board member of||Adobe Inc.|
Shantanu Narayen (born c. 1963) is an Indian-American business executive. He is the chairman, president, and chief executive officer (CEO) of Adobe Inc. Prior to this, he was the president and chief operating officer since 2005.
He grew up in Hyderabad, India, in a Telugu-speaking family, the second son of a mother who taught American literature and a father who ran a plastics company. He went to Hyderabad Public School in Hyderabad and earned a bachelor's degree in electronics and communication engineering from University College of Engineering, Osmania University in Hyderabad, an executive MBA from the Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley, and in 1986 a master's degree in computer science from Bowling Green State University in Ohio. Narayen once represented India in sailing at an Asian Regatta.
He started his career at Apple. After Apple, Narayen served as director of desktop and collaboration products for Silicon Graphics, then co-founded Pictra Inc. a company that pioneered the concept of digital photo sharing over the Internet.
Narayen joined Adobe in 1998 as a senior vice-president of worldwide product research was later promoted to executive vice president of worldwide products, and was promoted to CEO in November 2007 at the age of 45.
Promotion to CEO
As CEO, Narayen led the transformation of the company, moving its creative and digital document software franchises – which include flagship programs such as Photoshop, Premiere Pro and Acrobat/PDF – from the desktop to the cloud. In addition, during his tenure as CEO Adobe entered the digital experiences category, an expansion which began with the company’s acquisition of Omniture in 2009.
Adobe exceeded $100B in market cap for the first time in company history during Fiscal Year 2018. The company has added more than $100B in market cap during the last 5 years.
Adobe became a Fortune 400 company in 2018.
Honors and awards
Narayen is the lead independent director on the board of directors for Pfizer, and vice chairman of the US-India Strategic Partnership Forum. He previously served on U.S. President Barack Obama's Management Advisory Board.
- "Shantanu Narayen profile". www.pfizer.com. Retrieved 11 February 2020.
- "Adobe's Shantanu Narayen: India and Other Emerging Markets Are Going to Drive Trends in Software Evolution". Knowledge@Wharton. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
- "BRIEF-Adobe's board elects Adobe CEO Shantanu Narayen as Chairman". Reuters. 1 February 2017.
- "Shantanu Narayen". Pfizer.
- "Leaders". Retrieved 26 March 2020.
Shantanu Narayen is chairman, president and chief executive officer of Adobe, one of the largest and most diversified software companies in the world.
- "Shantanu Narayen" (PDF). Adobe. Retrieved 13 December 2018.
- SiliconIndia. "How Shantanu Narayen Leads Adobe To Success". siliconindia. Retrieved 25 July 2020.
- Victoria Barret (16 June 2008). "Ubiquitous Upside". Forbes.
- "Shantanu Narayen". Adobe. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- "Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes 2011-05-06". Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes. Bowling Green State University. 6 May 2011. Retrieved 1 August 2020.
- "ET Awards 2018 for Global Indian: Shantanu Narayen, Chief Executive Officer, Adobe Systems". The Economic Times. 18 November 2018. Retrieved 13 December 2018.
- Cave, Andrew (14 August 2010). "Adobe chief Shantanu Narayen believes he doesn't need Apple or the iPad". The Telegraph. Retrieved 26 November 2018.
- "Adobe Names Shantanu Narayen Chief Executive Officer". Adobe. Retrieved 12 November 2007.
- "Shantanu Narayen: Executive Profile & Biography". Bloomberg. Retrieved 15 June 2019.
- "17 highest paid ceos in tech". Business Insider. 5 August 2014.
- "President Obama Announces Members of President's Management Advisory Board". 10 March 2011. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Breaking: Adobe To Acquire Omniture For Approximately $1.8 Billion". TechCrunch. 15 September 2009.
- "Adobe to Acquire Omniture". Adobe. 15 September 2009. Retrieved 13 December 2018.
- "ADBE : Summary for Adobe Inc. - Yahoo Finance". Yahoo! Finance. Retrieved 13 December 2018.
- "Fortune 500 Companies 2018: Who Made the List". Fortune. Retrieved 13 December 2018.
- "Adobe Systems president and CEO receives honorary degree". BGSU. Bowling Green State University. 7 May 2011. Archived from the original on 14 May 2011.
- "Shantanu Narayen | Pfizer: One of the world's premier biopharmaceutical companies". www.pfizer.com. Retrieved 13 December 2018.
- "ET Awards 2018 for Global Indian: Shantanu Narayen, Chief Executive Officer, Adobe Systems". The Economic Times. 18 November 2018.
- "2019 Awardees List".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shantanu Narayen.|