Adobe Photoshop Elements
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 in Quick Mode on Windows 8
15.0 / October 4, 2016
|Operating system||Windows, macOS|
|Type||Raster graphics editor|
Adobe Photoshop Elements is a raster graphics editor for entry-level photographers, image editors and hobbyists. It contains most of the features of the professional version but with fewer and simpler options. The program allows users to create, edit, organize and share images. It is a successor of Adobe Photoshop LE (Limited Edition).
Originally introduced alongside Adobe Photoshop version 6, Photoshop Elements targets photography enthusiasts and thus lacks many features that make it useful in a proper print production environment. For example, Photoshop Elements cannot export files in the CMYK color mode, supports a simplified color management system, and excludes detailed soft-proofing. It also includes a limited set of Photoshop plugins, and instead has a number of features aimed at non-experts (such as removing the red-eye effect or changing the skin tone in a picture). An example of a redesigned feature would be the Variations correction dialog. Some versions can, however, open, edit, and save PDFs.[which?] The program does not allow keyboard shortcuts to be added through the Mac System Preferences, as can be done with virtually all other programs for Mac.
Version 13 no longer supports the Windows XP platform. While Adobe does not sell earlier XP-compatible versions on its site any longer, users can still register and use retail packaged editions of earlier versions that may still be available in retail outlets.
for Mac OS
|Photoshop 4 LE||1996||1996||?|
|Photoshop 5 LE||1999||1999||5.5 (February 1999)|
|1||April 2001||April 2001||6.0 (September 2000)|
|2||August 2002||2002||7.0 (March 2002)|
|3||October 2004||2004||CS (October 2003)|
|4||October 2005||2006||CS2 (April 2005)|
|6||October 2007||2008||CS3 (April 2007)|
|7||October 2008||?||CS4 (September 23, 2008)|
|9||September 2010||CS5 (April 30, 2010)|
|11||September 2012||CS6 (May 7, 2012)|
Note: PSE on Mac OS is available in English, French, German and Japanese languages
- Barkey, Jonathan (July 2001). "Editor's Choice 3.0: Software". American Photo. Hachette Filipacchi Magazines. 12 (4): 92. ISSN 1046-8986.
- Adobe Photoshop 5.0 LE - Macworld
- Gushiken, Cari (September 19, 2011). "A Decade of Fun: Introducing Adobe Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements 10!". Photoshop.com. Retrieved September 20, 2011.
- Hogarty, Tom (September 24, 2012). "Announcing Photoshop Elements 11 & Premiere Elements 11". Photoshop.com. Retrieved September 25, 2012.
- Gager, Bob (September 23, 2013). "Introducing Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements 12". Photoshop.com. Retrieved October 1, 2016.
- Gager, Bob (September 23, 2014). "Introducing Adobe Photoshop Elements and Adobe Premiere Elements 13". Photoshop.com. Retrieved October 1, 2016.
- Gager, Bob (September 24, 2015). "Introducing Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 & Premiere Elements 14". Photoshop.com. Retrieved October 1, 2016.
- Staff (October 4, 2016). "Introducing Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 & Premiere Elements 15". Photoshop.com. Retrieved October 4, 2016.