Ahmed Ali Lahori
|Ahmed Ali Lahori|
Gujranwala District, Punjab, Pakistan
|Died||23 February 1962
|Occupation||Islamic scholar, 'Mufassir' (Quran interpreter)|
|Part of a series on|
|Ideology and influences|
|Founders and key figures|
|Centres (markaz) of Tabligh|
Maulana Ahmed Ali Lahori (1887 – 23 February 1962) (Urdu: مولانااحمد علی لاہوری) (Short Name:Ahmed Ali) was a Muslim scholar, Mufassir (Urdu Quran Interpreter) in South Asia. He was one of the great scholars in the history of Deobandi movement. "Maulana Ahmed Ali Lahori was among those true Ulama whose every moment was subservient to the pleasure the Almighty Allah."
Early life and career
Ahmed Ali Lahori was a student of the famous Deobandi scholar Ubaidullah Sindhi. He studied Islamic studies and qualified or graduated from there in 1927. Ahmed Ali Lahori was employed as a lecturer at his teacher's institute and also married his teacher's daughter. He also helped him in organizing new groups. However, Ubaidullah Sindhi died in 1944 before the 1947 Partition of British India. So Maulana Shabbir Ahmad Usmani led a group of Deobandi scholars including Ahmed Ali Lahori to support the demand for Pakistan movement and Muhammad Ali Jinnah. Therefore, this whole group came over to newly created Pakistan in 1947 and settled here.
"Although a lot of teachers and the students of Deoband remained aloof from the Pakistan movement or even opposed it, there were still many of them who took active part in the struggle for an independent Muslim state under the leadership of sagacious Maulana and gave big support to the Quaid i Azam."
Maulana Shabbir Ahmad Usmani and his group converted the sentiments of common people toward Pakistan movement.
Death and survivors
- Conversion Chart showing Islamic Calendar years converted to AD years on sites.google.com website, Retrieved 2 May 2017
- Profile of Ahmed Ali Lahori on google.com website, Retrieved 2 May 2017
- Darul-Uloom in the Fight for Freedom of India from British colonial rule, Retrieved 2 May 2017
- Shabbir Ahmad Usmani led a group of Islamic scholars to support Pakistan movement on storyofpakistan.com website, Retrieved 2 May 2017
- Read Maulana Ahmed Ali Lahori's Translation of Quran-e-Aziz ONLINE(currently shown is translation in English. If desired, choose URDU from Translation on the Right-Top of the Opened Window)
- A videoclip on an event with Maulana Ahmed Ali Lahori on YouTube
- Read Muslims in India since 1947: Islamic Perspectives on Inter-Faith Relations for a detailed account of the Role of True Freedom Fighters in the Indian Subcontinent
- https://islamicbookslibrary.wordpress.com/2014/05/22/maulana-ahmad-ali-lahori-r-a-ke-hairat-angaiz-waqiat-by-shaykh-hakim-ali/ A book on the amazing events in the life of Ahmed Ali Lahori