|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Kitab Ash-shifa bi Ta'rif Huquq al-Mustafa, (Arabic: كتاب الشفاء بتعريف حقوق المصطفى, The Book of Healing by the Recognition of the Rights of or News of the Chosen One), of Qadi 'Iyad (d. 544H / 1149CE) is perhaps the most frequently used and commented upon handbook in which Muhammad's life, his qualities and his miracles are described in every detail. Generally known by its short title, Ash-Shifa (meaning "The Healing"), this work was so highly admired throughout the Muslim world that it soon acquired a sanctity of its own for it is said: "If Ash-Shifa is found in a house, this house will not suffer any harm...when a sick person reads it or it is recited to him, Allah will restore his health."
- Majlis fi khatmi Kitab al-Shifa' bi ta`rif huquq al-Mustafa' by Shams al-Din Muhammad ibn `Abdullah ibn Muhammad al-Qaysi al-Dimashqi,
- al-Intihad fi khatmi al-Shifa' li-`Iyad by Shams al-Din Muhammad ibn `Abd al-Rahman al-Sakhawi,
- Nasim al-Riyad fi sharh Shifa' li-Qadi `Iyad in 4 volumes by Shihab al-Din Muhammad ibn `Umar al-Khafaji,
- Sharh al-Shifa' li-al-Qadi `Iyad in 2 volumes by al-Mulla `Ali al-Qari al-Harawi al-Hanafi,
- Manahil as-safa fi takhrij Ahadith al-Shifa' by al-Imam Jalal al-Din al-Suyuti,
- Ma`arif al-Shifa' bi-Ta`rif Huquq al-Mustafa' and al-`Ata fi Ma`rifa al-Mustafa (4 volumes) by al-Shaykh Dr Muhammad Tahir ibn Farid al-Din al-Qadri (Shaykh-ul-Islam),
- al-Madad al-`Iyad by al-Shaykh Hasan al-`Adawi al-Hamzawi,
- Mazil al-Khafa' `an alfaz al-Shifa' by al-`Allama Taqi al-Din Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn Hasan al-Shamsi al-Tamimi al-Dari al-Hanafi,
- al-Muqtafa fi hal alfaz al-Shifa' by al-`Allama Burhan al-Din Ibrahim ibn Muhammad ibn Khalil al-Halabi Sibt ibn al-`Ajami,
A fully annotated translation in English has recently been released by the renowned translator, Shaykh Abu Hasan and is available at http://www.ridawipress.org/wp-content/uploads/loving-RasulAllah.pdf
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ash-Shifa.|
- `A'isha Bint `Abdurrahman Bewley, Muhammad Messenger of Allah: ash-Shifa' of Qadi `Iyad (Granada: Madinah Press, 1992)
- English translation has been written by Aisha Abdarrahman Bewley and published by Madinah Press Granada, Spain.
- An Urdu translation has been published by `Abd al-Tawwab Academy, Pakistan: Multan.